Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 946

Thread: Official Pit Job Search/Employment Thread

  1. #241
    #ClawsIn #ManUp
    AnonymousDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    19,972
    Quote Originally Posted by deacphan View Post
    yeah, richmond is cool for a midtier city, but it's small. opps are limited professionally, and if you can live in an amazing city while your young why not? today is 65 and sunny. they called mavericks today and the skiing is amazing in tahoe. how many michilin starred restaurants in richmond?
    This point is particularly interesting. If I stay with my current company, the opportunities are endless and I could stay in Richmond if I desired. However, if I want to move to any other company, I've just about got to move or take a significant pay cut.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicdeaC View Post

    My grant ends in late March. I have had some promising interviews (at other colleges doing similar work) and the college is still finding a way to keep me. So I may or may not have some transitions/job changes coming soon.
    This panned out well. I start at UNCG in mid March

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicdeaC View Post
    This panned out well. I start at UNCG in mid March
    Congrats!

  4. #244
    My interview last week with a consulting company in Portland didn't work out. Feedback from the hiring manager was good though - said that ultimately they were looking for someone with less experience and that what I brought was more than they needed for their current gigs. Oh well.

    Got a call with some folks in Denver next week - hopefully that leads somewhere.

  5. #245
    Bernie Eskimo Bro
    KickballDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vermont Republic
    Posts
    3,464
    Had a second interview yesterday, said they'd call me last night or this morning if I got it. No call. Whelp.

  6. #246
    Whoops, should have posted my update in this thread since it's all about the JORBZ:

    Made it to the next round at Colorado-Boulder, which will be another video interview on Monday or Tuesday, but this one with real, actual, living, live people, on which they might base their hiring decision. SO MUCH PRESSURE. Gonna go pantsless and get WREKT and TURNT before this thing.
    Runs with deer.

  7. #247
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicdeaC View Post
    This panned out well. I start at UNCG in mid March
    Congratulations!

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by KickballDeac View Post
    Had a second interview yesterday, said they'd call me last night or this morning if I got it. No call. Whelp.
    Sorry, bro. Maybe they're just running behind.
    Runs with deer.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Whoops, should have posted my update in this thread since it's all about the JORBZ:

    Made it to the next round at Colorado-Boulder, which will be another video interview on Monday or Tuesday, but this one with real, actual, living, live people, on which they might base their hiring decision. SO MUCH PRESSURE. Gonna go pantsless and get WREKT and TURNT before this thing.
    Wear pants though, because they'll definitely ask you to go get something away from the computer just to check and see if you're wearing pants.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    My interview last week with a consulting company in Portland didn't work out. Feedback from the hiring manager was good though - said that ultimately they were looking for someone with less experience and that what I brought was more than they needed for their current gigs. Oh well.

    Got a call with some folks in Denver next week - hopefully that leads somewhere.
    The ultimate polite turndown "you're overqualified for our job."

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    The ultimate polite turndown "you're overqualified for our job."
    Ha, yeah. The hiring manager was pretty candid in her feedback, but getting that kind of turn down was surprising based on the job description.

  12. #252
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,116
    If anyone is fluent in spanish and lives in/near Princeton, NJ, I'm hiring for a sales support role.

  13. #253
    Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    RubbinsRacin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    609 Venezia Ave
    Posts
    12,716
    Yo hablo espanol pero no quiero vivir en nuevo jersey o trabajo para tu. Gracias!

  14. #254
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    Yo hablo espanol pero no quiero vivir en nuevo jersey o trabajo para tu. Gracias!
    De nachos mi amigo - I wouldn't want to trabajo with me either.

  15. #255
    Any mechanical engineers interested in getting into spinal implants? I'll refer you to my company for some of that sweet, sweet, referral cash! Experience is good, but not necessarily required.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffylubes View Post
    Any mechanical engineers interested in getting into spinal implants? I'll refer you to my company for some of that sweet, sweet, referral cash! Experience is good, but not necessarily required.
    Location?

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by PhysDeac View Post
    Location?
    NoVA. Company is called, K2M, in Leesburg.

  18. #258
    Sent out applications last night with the City of G'boro and a company in Charlotte #vibes

  19. #259
    Barca can aid the #incline!

    Good luck.

  20. #260
    Punishingly Intricate
    DeacHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WINSTON-SALEM
    Posts
    8,888
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    Barca can aid the #incline!

    Good luck.
    I mean, they are getting a Cheesecake Factory.

    Barca, if you have any questions about local government in NC, just let me know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •