• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Pit Job Search/Employment Thread

yeah, richmond is cool for a midtier city, but it's small. opps are limited professionally, and if you can live in an amazing city while your young why not? today is 65 and sunny. they called mavericks today and the skiing is amazing in tahoe. how many michilin starred restaurants in richmond?
This point is particularly interesting. If I stay with my current company, the opportunities are endless and I could stay in Richmond if I desired. However, if I want to move to any other company, I've just about got to move or take a significant pay cut.

My interview last week with a consulting company in Portland didn't work out. Feedback from the hiring manager was good though - said that ultimately they were looking for someone with less experience and that what I brought was more than they needed for their current gigs. Oh well.

Got a call with some folks in Denver next week - hopefully that leads somewhere.

Whoops, should have posted my update in this thread since it's all about the JORBZ:

Made it to the next round at Colorado-Boulder, which will be another video interview on Monday or Tuesday, but this one with real, actual, living, live people, on which they might base their hiring decision. SO MUCH PRESSURE. Gonna go pantsless and get WREKT and TURNT before this thing.

Whoops, should have posted my update in this thread since it's all about the JORBZ:

Made it to the next round at Colorado-Boulder, which will be another video interview on Monday or Tuesday, but this one with real, actual, living, live people, on which they might base their hiring decision. SO MUCH PRESSURE. Gonna go pantsless and get WREKT and TURNT before this thing.

Wear pants though, because they'll definitely ask you to go get something away from the computer just to check and see if you're wearing pants.

My interview last week with a consulting company in Portland didn't work out. Feedback from the hiring manager was good though - said that ultimately they were looking for someone with less experience and that what I brought was more than they needed for their current gigs. Oh well.

Got a call with some folks in Denver next week - hopefully that leads somewhere.

The ultimate polite turndown "you're overqualified for our job."

The ultimate polite turndown "you're overqualified for our job."

Ha, yeah. The hiring manager was pretty candid in her feedback, but getting that kind of turn down was surprising based on the job description.

If anyone is fluent in spanish and lives in/near Princeton, NJ, I'm hiring for a sales support role.

Any mechanical engineers interested in getting into spinal implants? I'll refer you to my company for some of that sweet, sweet, referral cash! Experience is good, but not necessarily required.

Any mechanical engineers interested in getting into spinal implants? I'll refer you to my company for some of that sweet, sweet, referral cash! Experience is good, but not necessarily required.

Location?

Sent out applications last night with the City of G'boro and a company in Charlotte #vibes

Back