• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Pit Job Search/Employment Thread

Update on my job search: am not being considered for my boss's job (not a huge shocker-- they're looking outside the company for someone with 20+ years experience and are going to totally restructure our team). Howeverrrrrr my VP called me before I left for Disney on Wednesday to give me "something to think over the weekend". We're apparently starting a new department, and he thinks I'd be a great fit to lead the way there. talking to him more about it tomorrow #vibes appreciated!

Had a second interview yesterday, said they'd call me last night or this morning if I got it. No call. Whelp.

fuck yeah, just got it*

*I was interviewing for an overnight shift as a mental health/substance abuse clinician at an in-patient facility. That shift went to someone else. They're taking me on as a per-diem until a day shift opens up because they think I'd be great with their patients during peak hours instead. Like, they're going out of their way to show they want me. Over the moon right now.

If anybody knows of any purchasing jobs, my wife would love a new one. She is currently a meat buyer for a food company in Greensboro. Just throwing it out there.

Nice work guys -- some good, promising news.

I had my second interview yesterday which I just felt ok about, more because of my lack of ability with my own questions to elicit the kind of response that would allow me to get a better feel about the place, but I think they liked me alright and I'm sure I made a decent enough impression. From the focus of their questions I feel like I would be a good fit, but it's a huge fucking move, and I want to feel good/more convinced about it. I'm probably also just being hyper-critical of myself. I don't even know if I want the job and to move, but I do want the job offer so that I at least have a decision to make. Anyway, they just sent me a link to fill out to submit five (5!) professional references, who will themselves be sent a web form to fill out their comments. So I wasn't immediately cut. Gonna throw them Say Hey and Rubbins' names since a lot of my professional work time is spent on the boards and they are uniquely qualified to comment on my contributions.

I hate, hate, hate the online applications where you upload your resume and you still have to manually enter in all the details anyway. WFU, I'm looking at you!

I hate, hate, hate the online applications where you upload your resume and you still have to manually enter in all the details anyway. WFU, I'm looking at you!

Yeah it's terrible. Is it normal for my application to still be "under consideration" a month past the time the application closed?

Turned down another job offer last night, a start up that had me seriously considering calling UNCG and saying "thanks but I changed my mind" but in the long run, gotta have that work/life balance.

Yes, this grinds my gears.

I applied for dozens of Higher Ed jobs in the past few years, and most had this nonsense with the resume and the reference list.

Yeah it's terrible. Is it normal for my application to still be "under consideration" a month past the time the application closed?

For Wake, yes.

It seems they leave all applications open until the position is filled.

IaT and Chic got it.

If you're lucky, they will notify you when the position has been filled (probably by automation). But many places won't do that, either.

Last edited:
Interviewing with a bank in Denver tomorrow; pretty stoked about the opportunity.

Not that I expect many engineers on these boards...but I'm hiring for a Software Dev Manager position in AWS in Seattle. If you know anyone interested please ping me.

I have a bunch of applications out for some sweet gigs. I'm in a good position now, but I'm unsure of the financial stability of my department over the long run. I've been working the good ole boys network and creating new contacts, but I haven't been able to get much traction yet. Anyone have any contacts in engineering/science/research in Charleston?

Anyone have any openings or leads in Charlotte/surrounding area? Probably moving down from Winston in late April or early May. Looking for something in finance/marketing/sales but will entertain all options. Any help is appreciated!

Just finished up final round interviews in Denver; this city is awesome. Hoping for some good news on the other side of this trip.

My new gig is pretty sweet, telecommuting two days a week, laptop, iPad, desktop, dual monitors, standing desk with chair etc

Back