• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

Did anyone feel the similarity in this match and Goldberg-Lesnar at Survivor Series? UFC pbly set up the quick finish to make Nunes look beast and Rousey mortal. They will both enter the Royal Rumble, fuck each other out of a shot at the title, and then have their final match at Wrasslemania.

I think the real loss last night was Mike Goldberg. He made Rogan look smart for years! Now we get Jim Rome ...

I think the real loss last night was Mike Goldberg. He made Rogan look smart for years! Now we get Jim Rome ...

i didnt watch but what does this mean? is goldberg no longer the play by play guy?

Jim Rome will be a disaster.
Ronda will commit suicide within five years.
Cruz is probably done.

Amazing how that first loss takes away the confidence of a fighter. I remember when Mike Tyson got beat the first time in that surprising knockout by Douglas. Took the shine off of him too.

Gimme dat Jon Jones vs Brock Lesnar

That DC emotion was nuts to see of the reaction to failure and being knocked out for the first time.

JJ: "Brock Lesnar, if you wanna know what it's like to get your ass beat by someone 40 pounds lighter than you? Meet me in the Octogon"

Lesner-Jones would be a terrible fight. Brock would collapse before the bell for the fourth round.

Not sure why Cormier was bawling like a baby. You got caught, man - it happens to almost everyone in the sport. Sack up and take it like a man.

Not sure why Cormier was bawling like a baby. You got caught, man - it happens to almost everyone in the sport. Sack up and take it like a man.

I honestly don't think he knew what had happened. I'm pretty sure that's why he was arguing with Dana-- he didn't understand what was going on.

That was a late, borderline irresponsible stoppage, but a hell of a fight. Aside from that terrible Maia/Woodley fight (hey, fuck woodley!), the whole card was stellar. Probably the best card of the year, definitely the best PPV of the year.

Cormier cried when he lost the first time but he was definitely out of it post fight last night. I think he was out on his feet after the head kick. In the interview with Rogan, he didn't even remember how he got knocked out.

Fuck Lesnar, I want to see Jones/Miocic.

The stoppage was a little late but in a big championship fight I think they try to give them every chance to recover and fight out of it. The way DC fell up against the cage he wasn't obviously out with no way to defend himself until the last couple shots (although I agree that he was probably out before that, just not as clear as it would've been if he was flat on his back in the middle of the octogon)

The stoppage was a little late but in a big championship fight I think they try to give them every chance to recover and fight out of it. The way DC fell up against the cage he wasn't obviously out with no way to defend himself until the last couple shots (although I agree that he was probably out before that, just not as clear as it would've been if he was flat on his back in the middle of the octogon)

Oh, I wasn't looking for it to be called when Cormier was on his feet (though I definitely think he had blacked out at that point after seeing the replay). In real time, that part of it seemed fine, but the scary part was when Cormier had his head against the mat unprotected, and Jones was just wailing on him for 4 or 5 extra punches.

Back