• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

I thought the performance of the night was Badou Jack who just wore out Cleverly.

Really entertaining fight. But yeah if the ref was going to keep letting Floyd turn around and lower his head like that, then he should have let McGregor keep hitting him in the back of the head or suplex him or something.

I thought the performance of the night was Badou Jack who just wore out Cleverly.

Agreed on both

Dana White Claims 6.5 million buys for the fight.

If White’s words are indeed true, that comprehensively blows the Mayweather-Pacquiao mark - an eye-watering 4.6 million - out of the water by almost two million.

And that’s just for PPV buys in the United States.

Multiply the 6.5 million figure by the $99.95 cost to buy the HD feed of the fight in America, and the potential revenue from the PPV alone will exceed US$600 million

Yup. Just wish the ref would have let it go like 10 more seconds.

McGreggor was out on his feet. Guard was down at his hips. Clearly the right decision to protect the boxer and call it. Serious damage could, and would, have been done if allowed to continue for 5 more seconds, much less 10.

It sounds like boxing is still crooked

Glad I watched a REAL FIGHT in M-M and not these promoter jockeys

I really don't understand the hullabaloo.

Boxing rarely has a straightforward score, and if anyone thought the outcome of this match WASN'T going to point to just a rematch, then they haven't been watching the sport the last 20 years.

Take Pacquiao v Horn earlier this year:

DDtbye9UIAAAl2S.jpg

It was so ridiculously one-sided. PacMan landed twice as many punches, connected on twice the percentage of punches, landed 50+ more power punches than Horn, and opened up a massive cut over Horn's eye that made viewers wonder if the fight would be stopped. It seemed a no brainer that Pacquiao would win. Yet it was a unanimous decision to Horn.

That was much more insanely scored than this one. This was the "Pound for Pound" talk of the sport fight, they needed this to get a rematch. For people to freak out and the NSAC to come to ringside and voice support for the errant "wide" judge, just seems stupid and more like a reason to draw attention to the fight results than an actual reason to be upset about the fight results.

What's the purpose of judges when they keep such detailed stats?

Holy shit, now people are being given REFUNDS for bets they places?

This is hilarious. Boxing is FULL of suspect decisions or ones that don't match what the commentators believed to be the case. Why does THIS match change that?

Boxing is so corrupt they have to make it literally a reality tv show to make it watchable now.

What's the purpose of judges when they keep such detailed stats?

Obviously most matches don't seem to be as one-sided, so judges help determine a winner. All I'm saying is that IF you're going to flip out and demand to know why the "fix was in" for a match, why wouldn't it be an example like the one above, not the GGGvCanelo match.

For real. I am not a big McGregor fan and he got his stuff handed to him tonight. But the post-fight fight was incredibly disgraceful and such a shame by Khabib. The guy the ran down and hopped the fence to sucker punch McGregor is a complete punk. Looked like Khabib spat on Conor after the fight, then started jawing with Conor's corner, jumped over the fence, and started fighting everybody over there.

Further proof that this "sport" is barbaric and needs to disappear. I was watching football and all my alerts are about this crap. Who cares. Fighters gonna fight. Let them do it in the street.

I’ve watch CMG fight twice now and he’s been so far outmatched both times it hasn’t even been close. He got slapped tonight

Further proof that this "sport" is barbaric and needs to disappear. I was watching football and all my alerts are about this crap. Who cares. Fighters gonna fight. Let them do it in the street.

As long as this country is filled with rubes who will spend $49.99 to watch two guys give each other brain damage, MMA will thrive.

Back