• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

https://deadspin.com/the-mess-at-ufc-229-was-dana-whites-own-making-1829583009

Pretty good article here. Fuck Dana, and fuck Conor.

This isn't a good look, for a very different reason than what y'all are saying. Casual UFC fans who don't buy into Conor's casual bullshit racism have to be turned off by Dana bending over backwards to take his side here.

I agree. Trash talking to promote a fight is one thing, but Macgregor has crossed the line so many times and you can’t expect every opponent to just take as promoting a fight. When you trash a man’s family, race, country, religion, eventually somebody is going to take very personal. That’s what happened last night and Khabib’s actions can’t go unpunished, he certainly shouldn’t bare all the blame.

It is worth mentioning that Khabib has said some pretty fucked up things himself, but yeah. Conor is an asshole. This is how assholes get treated sometimes.

Tonight. The headlining Iaquinta - Cerrone match should be great. But I'm also looking forward to the Theodoru - Brunson fight. I've followed this Theodoru guy for a while, and he's really good. And, of course, we all know how good Brunson is. Excitement is on tap!

Deontay Wilder just smacked a dude

Yeah but he should have been fighting Joshua. Heavy weight division fucks right now, but god damn give us the fights we want to see Wilder/Joshua, Fury/Joshua, or Wilder/Fury part 2.

Can’t believe nobody is talking about this. Some dude pulled off the streets of California a month ago, man of the people, hope of Mexico, and now Heavyweight champion of the world Andy Ruiz Jr. upset Anthony “The Fraud” Joshua in 7 rounds last night.

This is one of the greatest upsets of all time, not just in boxing but sport, you love to see that. Boxing is on the rise in America and around the world. It’s time to get on board.

I saw the replay of the 7th round earlier today. Joshua was miserable and Gabriel Inglesias worked his ass.

And I read Joshua was also knocked down two times earlier in the bout?

Can’t believe nobody is talking about this. Some dude pulled off the streets of California a month ago, man of the people, hope of Mexico, and now Heavyweight champion of the world Andy Ruiz Jr. upset Anthony “The Fraud” Joshua in 7 rounds last night.

This is one of the greatest upsets of all time, not just in boxing but sport, you love to see that. Boxing is on the rise in America and around the world. It’s time to get on board.

Andy Ruiz was 32-1 going into last night and had an amateur record of 105-5, so it’s not like he was some scrub off the street. Give him credit for landing the fight on short notice by sending a DM on Instagram. He ended up punishing Joshua last night - made him quit. Wonder if Joshua can recover from this, or if he’s done after last night.

This is a pretty good summary of the highlights. 3rd round super interesting

Andy Ruiz was 32-1 going into last night and had an amateur record of 105-5, so it’s not like he was some scrub off the street. Give him credit for landing the fight on short notice by sending a DM on Instagram. He ended up punishing Joshua last night - made him quit. Wonder if Joshua can recover from this, or if he’s done after last night.

Books had the fight between 20-1 to 30-1 that’s a huge upset.

Yeah, this isn't quite Douglas - Tyson but it is pretty shocking.

Joshua lost tens of millions by being too arrogant and too scared to fight Wilder.

09f4436784a105774e8e95f74e687f4f.jpg

hard to understand the hype around Joshua after watching that video

I guess a perfect physique goes a long way

Ruiz was an 11-1 underdog. It was an upset, but nothing like Rahman-Lewis or Douglas-Tyson.

Haven't been this shocked since the Tyson-Douglas upset. Still hard to believe it happened!

Michael Buffer has still got it though.

I recently saw a story of Michael & Bruce Buffer (UFC). They are actually half brothers & did not meet each other until later in life. Michael was mid 40's at the time & Bruce was early 30's.

Back