• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

Khabib dominates Gaethe & retires undefeated

Got a little dusty in the room during the retirement speech. Not a big Khabib guy but him and his family have been great for the sport.

Also crazy how they let Geathye go out like that dude tried to tap out like 3 times and it was ignored.

retires at 32 or really just holding out for St. Pierre?

Khabib’s retirement may stick if for no other reason that he hates Mcgregor and would never want to be seen as mcgregor-like and Connor plays the “retire” every 6 months game

Khabib’s retirement may stick if for no other reason that he hates Mcgregor and would never want to be seen as mcgregor-like and Connor plays the “retire” every 6 months game

I don’t think Khabib is basing any decision on Connor, but rather his family.

I thought Kell Brook might give Terrence Crawford a run for his money tonight, and for the opening 3 rounds he did. But then- OOF!!! All hail the PFP King.

In the undercard, Andrew Maloney looked to have won his belt back from Franco via TKO (Franco's eye being completely swollen shut). But the ref ruled the bout a No Contest due to a phantom head butt, so Franco retains the belt. ESPN's crew could find find no evidence of a head butt, but did show several big (and legal) shots being landed to Franco's eye. The NV SAC reviews for over 30 minutes, using ESPN's footage, then upholds the ref's decision. Boxing just seems to be a sport that LOVES screwing things up. SMH ...

I thought Kell Brook might give Terrence Crawford a run for his money tonight, and for the opening 3 rounds he did. But then- OOF!!! All hail the PFP King.

In the undercard, Andrew Maloney looked to have won his belt back from Franco via TKO (Franco's eye being completely swollen shut). But the ref ruled the bout a No Contest due to a phantom head butt, so Franco retains the belt. ESPN's crew could find find no evidence of a head butt, but did show several big (and legal) shots being landed to Franco's eye. The NV SAC reviews for over 30 minutes, using ESPN's footage, then upholds the ref's decision. Boxing just seems to be a sport that LOVES screwing things up. SMH ...

It fucking pisses me off that they probably won’t make the Crawford V Spence fight.

Fucking fight night. Let’s go!!!

going to McGregor's last fight was probably the last thing I really did before the whole COVID thing. Here's hoping this one lasts a wee bit longer! Legggo

Nice time for the whole ESPN+ app to crash. It's always been such a garbage app.... didn't they figure out how to make PPV's work like 30 years ago?

First, you can pay like $2 and VPN into the Netherlands, then all the UFC fights are accessible at no additional cost.

Second, pretty impressed with McGregor (Poirier as well really) after the fight. Gracious and professional. And a great fight.

Has McGregor actually done anything impressive in his career? I guess he had an impressive ability to cut massive weight so that he could get down to 145 and rack up wins against smaller fighters to become a celebrity in the first place?

But in the last five years, he has split a pair of fights against a good but not top lightweight fighter, celebrity boxing match with Floyd, fight against a way-past-his-prime Cerrone. So he's basically had 3 fights against the top contenders in his division. Beat Alavarez, lost to Khabib and Poirier. And I don't think he wants any part of Justin Gaethje or Michael Chandler either.

Has McGregor actually done anything impressive in his career? I guess he had an impressive ability to cut massive weight so that he could get down to 145 and rack up wins against smaller fighters to become a celebrity in the first place?

But in the last five years, he has split a pair of fights against a good but not top lightweight fighter, celebrity boxing match with Floyd, fight against a way-past-his-prime Cerrone. So he's basically had 3 fights against the top contenders in his division. Beat Alavarez, lost to Khabib and Poirier. And I don't think he wants any part of Justin Gaethje or Michael Chandler either.

Champ in two divisions simultaneously while winning a fight in a 3rd division at the same time doesn't do it for ya? Jose Aldo had a 10 year win streak and Conor Knocked him out in 10 seconds.

classic example here, ESPN headline is "Porier stuns McGregor" but in the article it says

"ESPN had Poirier ranked No. 3 and McGregor No. 10 in the world at 155 pounds."

pretty stunning, huh?

McGregor looked pretty stunned though.

classic example here, ESPN headline is "Porier stuns McGregor" but in the article it says

"ESPN had Poirier ranked No. 3 and McGregor No. 10 in the world at 155 pounds."

pretty stunning, huh?

He was rated #10 cause of inactivity. McGregor was about a 3-1 favorite going into the fight. And the first time he's been stopped with punches in his career. Fairly stunning.

Definitely think Izzy will step up to light heavyweight and end up being a two belt holder.

McGregor is annoying as fuck but at the end of the day he’s good for the sport.

Back