• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

Ngannou did not disappoint. What do people think about potential Jones fight?

Jones wins esp if it's the larger Octagon. He rarely gets hit & will be considerably faster than anyone Ngannou has ever faced. It will look like the 1st Stipe/Ngannou fight.......5 round unanimous decision

Should be a great night. Really excited. Also one of my favorite boxers, Berlanga, fights tonight.

Fight night Eve. Fucking Canelo fight on Cinco De Mayo weekend with 70k fans.

This is gonna be absolutely LITTY. LFG.

How was it?

The fight and the atmosphere was electric, Canelo is one of the greatest to do it they just got to keep finding him dancing partners.

Fight pretty much played out how I thought but I thought it would but the stoppage came a little earlier than expected. Saunders is elusive but doesn't have elite power, and as soon as he lost some speed Canelo slipped under the Jab and landed the devastating upper cut. Billy Joe kind of looks bad because he spent a long minute ragging on Dubois for quitting on his knee to Joe Joyce, and then turns around and quits on the stool. Hard to blame him for not protesting his corners stoppage, and he was going to be seriously injured if he came out for the 9th.

Canelo is a free agent really and can take fights as needed, they can probably make the Caleb Plant fight under Matchroom to unify the division at 168 because the dude is scared of nothing and nobody. Then would really like to see him take one of Errol Spence or Terrance Crawford, however Canelo is not fighting at 147/154 again so both those guys would have to step up to middleweight to take the fight.

Last thing, Teofimo Lopez's next fight being on fucking Triller and not on ESPN Top Rank is a shame. That's why boxing doesn't get to have nice things.

Anyone got a stream to Mayweather-Paul?

yeah there was zero percent chance i was going to pay for it. seems like it was paul flailing and mayweather dodging and just tagging him enough.

No fight. Just some dancing and fleecing a lot of folks out of a lot of $.

I don't think I am going out on a limb here when I say that was bad, very bad for boxing.

Didn’t watch the fight. Not a boxing fan.

But is it possible there is interest in propping Paul up because he draws a big payday and brings in new fans?

I don't think I am going out on a limb here when I say that was bad, very bad for boxing.

Is it though? It went just as expected. No serious boxing fan should have thought this was a legitimate event and not some show.

I mean, it's not a great sign when they don't have judges and decide not to name a winner. That was the setup, right?

Hell, even the Globetrotters at least keep score.

Back