Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight results

I think Gustafsson had rounds 1-3 & jones took the championship rounds. Either way, I can't complain. Easily the best fight I've ever watched.

Excellent fight, and a close one which Jones admitted he needed. Pretty much the opposite of a GSP fight.

I assume Gust is getting a rematch.
    When in doubt, rub one out -BiffTannen

Quote Originally Posted by ONW View Post
    Excellent fight, and a close one which Jones admitted he needed. Pretty much the opposite of a GSP fight.

I assume Gust is getting a rematch.
    I think Jones/Teixeira will be the next fight and then Gust will get a shot at the winner.

It was a good fight, with the correct decision. Refreshing to see the sport stay honest, because you know Dana would have LOVED to see JJ deposed.
    Skip rope, Evil!

Great photo at the hospital after the fight.

Steve Lepore
    I see a real life Rocky2 scene with Gust rolling into Bones room asking if he gave him his best.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    I see a real life Rocky2 scene with Gust rolling into Bones room asking if he gave him his best.
    Good call, I'm a huge Rocky fan and haven't even thought of that.

Anyone watch UFC 167? Pretty good card except Evans-Sonnen.

And the decision in the main bout was terrible. Something wrong if the stats are fairly close, and the winner looks like he's been run over by a bus, and the loser doesn't have a scratch on him:

ufc is rigged. no way gsp won.

GSP won because of the way fights are scored. He won 3 rounds. I thought he lost the overall fight, but that's not how MMA fights are scored. This could be the impetus to change how fights are scored though, as 10-8 rounds never happen, and 5 rounds is way too small to do 10 round musts. If this was Pride scoring, Hendricks wins.

I don't agree that GSP--and I'm a fan--won 3 rounds.

But even if he did, you're right that there's no scoring difference between barely winning a round and winning a round just short of 10-8 dominance. I've heard proposals To go to a 1/2-point system which would alleviate a lot of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by deacs1995 View Post
    ufc is rigged. no way gsp won.
    You are just figuring this out?

I honestly thought GSP won. I can't explain why Hendricks had no damage (very weird) but it seemed clear to me GSP was landing more shots by a considerable margin. GSP took the most damage when he tripped over himself & JH was able to pounce on his face for a bit. Wasn't a takedown. Anyhoo, when Rogan said "I think we're going to have a new champion", I thought to myself 'You're going to be in for a surprise Joe.' And he was ... Shrug.
    Skip rope, Evil!

Probably the biggest fight since Jones/Gus tonight. Silva tries to reclaim the belt from Weidman, who gave the spider his only UFC loss.

It's so weird watching the females fight, but their fights are so much more active. This first round has been fun.

Good fight. Rhonda is such a douche though. Hopefully there are some new young fighters coming up who can knock her off her perch.

Yeah, that was a real exciting fight. Time for the main. Really no telling how this one will play out. The two are virtually identical. But I guess Silva is the favorite because, well, he's Silva.

Rusty Larue
    I didn't need to see that. fucking gross.

Damn I lost my feed, sounds very not good