• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

I think Gustafsson had rounds 1-3 & jones took the championship rounds. Either way, I can't complain. Easily the best fight I've ever watched.

Excellent fight, and a close one which Jones admitted he needed. Pretty much the opposite of a GSP fight.

I assume Gust is getting a rematch.

Excellent fight, and a close one which Jones admitted he needed. Pretty much the opposite of a GSP fight.

I assume Gust is getting a rematch.

I think Jones/Teixeira will be the next fight and then Gust will get a shot at the winner.

It was a good fight, with the correct decision. Refreshing to see the sport stay honest, because you know Dana would have LOVED to see JJ deposed.

jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-hospital.jpg

Great photo at the hospital after the fight.

Anyone watch UFC 167? Pretty good card except Evans-Sonnen.

And the decision in the main bout was terrible. Something wrong if the stats are fairly close, and the winner looks like he's been run over by a bus, and the loser doesn't have a scratch on him:

7b8533b5-bbbb-4a48-adb8-82783b56d3d1_ufc167.jpg

GSP won because of the way fights are scored. He won 3 rounds. I thought he lost the overall fight, but that's not how MMA fights are scored. This could be the impetus to change how fights are scored though, as 10-8 rounds never happen, and 5 rounds is way too small to do 10 round musts. If this was Pride scoring, Hendricks wins.

I don't agree that GSP--and I'm a fan--won 3 rounds.

But even if he did, you're right that there's no scoring difference between barely winning a round and winning a round just short of 10-8 dominance. I've heard proposals To go to a 1/2-point system which would alleviate a lot of the problem.

I honestly thought GSP won. I can't explain why Hendricks had no damage (very weird) but it seemed clear to me GSP was landing more shots by a considerable margin. GSP took the most damage when he tripped over himself & JH was able to pounce on his face for a bit. Wasn't a takedown. Anyhoo, when Rogan said "I think we're going to have a new champion", I thought to myself 'You're going to be in for a surprise Joe.' And he was ... Shrug.

Probably the biggest fight since Jones/Gus tonight. Silva tries to reclaim the belt from Weidman, who gave the spider his only UFC loss.

It's so weird watching the females fight, but their fights are so much more active. This first round has been fun.

Good fight. Rhonda is such a douche though. Hopefully there are some new young fighters coming up who can knock her off her perch.

Yeah, that was a real exciting fight. Time for the main. Really no telling how this one will play out. The two are virtually identical. But I guess Silva is the favorite because, well, he's Silva.

Back