• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

I think the fact jj gets hurt in every fight these days doesnt bode well for him being the new gsp/ silva. I also have very little interest in the really low weight classes, without any real knockout power the fights brcome boring

I'll never understand how he didn't tap on the Belfort armbar (or, much less, how he dominated the rest of the fight with one arm).

Hope the Gustafson fight was a wake-up call for him... It seems like he has always been comfortable just going with whatever style fight his opponent chooses.

Being the physical/mental freak he is, he's been able to win bouts without forcing his strong-suits into the equation... The near loss to Belfort was more of a fluke, but the Gustafson fight (being so close throughout) was anything but.

I think jones beats Tex and then hopefully fights Gus again. If he wins that fight, he goes up to heavy weight. There are some great lightweight fighters (Pettis, Melendez, Nurmagodmov?, Conner McGregor) in the ranks right now. Great middleweights too Souza, Belfort, Rockford, Machida. Uriah Hall looks like he may have gotten his shit together finally. I can't wait for Cruz's return but I hope his knee is up for it b/c Barao is sharp.

never saw the JJ/Gustafson fight, really pumped they replayed it tonight on FS1, firing up the DVR now

I thought Gusty had that one. If he hadn't gotten a little busted up at end of 4th, judges may have gone the other way.

Seemed like the right decision to me. Gusty didn't get that many great shots on like the first round to make up for all the leg damage Jones was dishing out.

UFC is going to struggle coming up, not sure they will prosper without SOME of the old guard draw staying on. With news that Lesnar is thinking of coming back, I bet you Dana makes it really worth his while now.

Outside of Jones Gustafsson II, I can't think of a single fight that I'm really looking forward to. I mean they just had to re-book Rousey in 2 months 2 PPV's from now.

Not sure what the UFC gets out of bring Lesnar back other than a slight bump in ratings/PPV for one, maybe 2 fights. He's a 1st Rd TKO for any of the top 8-9 guys in that division.

Here's an article echoing your questions about UFC's future

I'm guess I may be in the minority but I'm excited about the level & depth of talent across weight classes in the UFC today and could see some interesting future marque match ups/rivalries. Here's what I'm looking forward to in 2014 (and in the next couple years)

Hendricks/Lawler (and the welterweight division in general). Condit gets the winner (if he gets past an interesting match up w/ Tyron Woodley). This division is stacked with quality contenders even without GSP.

Weidman/Belfort (and the middleweight division in general). Souza & Machida offer additional quality potential opponents.

Anthony Pettis' title defense. Should happen later this year vs winner of Henderson/Thompson. Melendez & Grant are solid contenders down the road.

Jones/Teixeira. I have a feeling that Teixeira will be a little tougher win than expected for Jones (but I think he gets a decisive win in the rematch w/ Gust.)

Cormier/Evans. Cormier makes the move down to light/heavy. I think he's the main future threat to Jones @ 205.

The future of the heavyweight division. I think Jones' makes the move up in 2015 and gets an immediate title shot. I think he matches up well with Velasquez and the other smaller heavyweights (Jones/Dos Santos would be a great fight). I think he would struggle with a guy like Travis Brown.

I'd love to see a super fight between Aldo & Pettis.

Last edited:
Watched the Adonis Stevenson - Andrzej Fonfara fight last night. Fonfara made it interesting late by dropping Stevenson with a right, but couldn't capitalize. Andy also lost goodwill by thwacking AS well after the final bell. Also got my first look at David Lemieux - that dude's for real!

Also recorded the UFC prelims. I had been wondering whatever happened to Tony Ferguson, and there he was - kicking the crap out of some Japanese guy who clearly doesn't invest much training in defense. It was all LOL-easy for Tony, who had an unguarded face to hit, and hit it he did. Repeatedly.

Shocked to see Dillinger won the title. Might be the biggest WTF moment of the year ...

Haven't ordered a fight in awhile, but Nelson Overeem and Hendricks got me ordering this one, anyone else watching?

Outside of Rousey who's hot and a badass, is there a market for these womens' fights?

I feel like once Ronda's undefeated streak ends, no one is going to want to watch

That being said, this polish chick would scare the crap outta me. 6 Time Muai Thai champion and she's got a scary staredown? I feel like this Ariana Grande looking champion ain't gotta chance.

I take it they can punch each other in the boob? From what I'm told that ain't pleasant

The 6 time Muay Thai champion polish chick with cornrows was the Vegas underdog to the 4'11" chick? Maybe I should get into UFC gambling

She should have lost her last fight according to Wikipedia.

I feel like submitting eachother with arm bars is cool but once these chicks start knocking eachother out it won't be cool

Back