• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

he won the fight with like ~15 seconds left in the first round by a questionable premature stoppage. In the postfight interview both the fighter and Joe Rogan noticed that the dude had a grossly broken foot, with adrenaline no one noticed. Is like the 2nd time Jones broke something in a win, right? He's built somewhat fragile just by looking at him.

he won the fight with like ~15 seconds left in the first round by a questionable premature stoppage. In the postfight interview both the fighter and Joe Rogan noticed that the dude had a grossly broken foot, with adrenaline no one noticed. Is like the 2nd time Jones broke something in a win, right? He's built somewhat fragile just by looking at him.

I don't know if it was premature stoppage. Jon was on top and was banging Chael's head. If he hadn't called it, Chael probably would've tapped out if it continued, which there were no signs of slowing down. Also, I think it was with ~30 seconds.

Still a bit groggy, but I'll post my 2 bits:

1. Chael Sonnen getting beat (easily) at his own game has to be the ultimate in humiliation. Now I see he's talking retirement, and that's his best move. He'll make an excellent coach.

2. Roy Nelson might be my favorite pro athlete period. He put away a real bada$$ without breaking a sweat. Wow. Without using his best shot. Watching the replay, he never turned his fist over, but dumped a 237-pound man on his can anyway.

3. The ref who stopped the St Preux-Villante fight on an eye poke should never ref again. Embarrassing. Wanna see a fight-stopping eye poke? See Tim Belcher.

4. Speaking of Belcher, what a joke of an effort he put out. No energy, no defense, just one half-hearted attempt at a TD that I remember. Bisping's not that tough to touch, historically. If Belcher couldn't figure that out, and he's labeled a Top 10 MW, then the MW division is pretty damn thin. Boo Tim!

5. Gaff has to be the dopiest-looking human being I've ever seen. I felt bad for her on sight pre-fight. Then she got beat up by an old woman. Easily. Tough night.

6. No one's ever gonna beat Jon Jones. I honestly believe that - barring a freak injury or something - he could go unbeaten for the next 10 years. And I'd really love to see how Dana White deals with that.

I don't believe I can change the thread title, but if you can prove me wrong I'll happily do it.

Cause John contributed to him having to cancel a pay per view, $$$

Still a bit groggy, but I'll post my 2 bits:

1. Chael Sonnen getting beat (easily) at his own game has to be the ultimate in humiliation. Now I see he's talking retirement, and that's his best move. He'll make an excellent coach.

2. Roy Nelson might be my favorite pro athlete period. He put away a real bada$$ without breaking a sweat. Wow. Without using his best shot. Watching the replay, he never turned his fist over, but dumped a 237-pound man on his can anyway.

3. The ref who stopped the St Preux-Villante fight on an eye poke should never ref again. Embarrassing. Wanna see a fight-stopping eye poke? See Tim Belcher.

4. Speaking of Belcher, what a joke of an effort he put out. No energy, no defense, just one half-hearted attempt at a TD that I remember. Bisping's not that tough to touch, historically. If Belcher couldn't figure that out, and he's labeled a Top 10 MW, then the MW division is pretty damn thin. Boo Tim!

5. Gaff has to be the dopiest-looking human being I've ever seen. I felt bad for her on sight pre-fight. Then she got beat up by an old woman. Easily. Tough night.

6. No one's ever gonna beat Jon Jones. I honestly believe that - barring a freak injury or something - he could go unbeaten for the next 10 years. And I'd really love to see how Dana White deals with that.

I don't believe I can change the thread title, but if you can prove me wrong I'll happily do it.

ESPN said today that if Chael survived first round, doctors would have probably stopped Jones because of toe.

that toe looked pretty nasty.

rogan both couldn't look at it and couldn't look away. i thought fear fctor would have had him better equipped for that.

Apparently Jones only dislocated the toe, should be back in 2 months.

Anybody watch the free fights tonight? Vitor had one of the best KOs I've ever seen.

Sugar Shane Mosley, for a 41 year-old, didn't look too bad against Pablo Cesar Cano tonight. Got a UD12 on Cano's home turf that the crowd applauded.

Went out to dinner, forgetting to buy/record. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggghhhhhhh!!! Where is that time machine tech when you REALLY need it?

Jon bones back at it tonight, folks. Could Gustafsson be Jones's biggest threat?

Last edited:
Really don't know if Jon should've retained that belt.

Really don't know if Jon should've retained that belt.

I didn't score the rounds sitting at home, but at the end I thought that he won a close fight, especially since (for me anyway) the benefit of the doubt goes to the champ.

Back