• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

God damn. Fuck that. Fucking injury.

Be warned. Graphic. It's the video.

Big break for Weidman. Oof - sorry. Sorry for that ...

I'm guessing Silva was heavily favored to win this rematch?

Favored but not heavily. It actually looked like Anderson was out after that big blow in round 1. Shame that it had to go down like that. No way AS isn't done competing for titles after this.

So, with GSP walking away and Silva broken, it looks like the last of the Old Guard has cleared out. I think the UFC going into 2014 has some really dominant champions in Jones, Rousey, Velasquez and Aldo that in the coming years will only lose on a fluke result. I'm not saying there aren't good fighters in their divisions, but no one quite at their level. I wonder what sort of odds I could get that these guys will all still be champions going into 2016. Yes - 2016.

UFC is going to struggle coming up, not sure they will prosper without SOME of the old guard draw staying on. With news that Lesnar is thinking of coming back, I bet you Dana makes it really worth his while now.

Outside of Jones Gustafsson II, I can't think of a single fight that I'm really looking forward to. I mean they just had to re-book Rousey in 2 months 2 PPV's from now.

Last edited:
Did not realize how much power those low leg kicks had. Apparently quite a bit.

This one was just so loud, Silva can really get some speed behind them

Silva was a 2:1 favorite

Not necessarily true. I got the line at weidman +155, Silva was - 170. It hovered around that most of the day. 5-1 last night, biggest win was easy with Travis Browne. Such a beast.

UFC is going to struggle coming up, not sure they will prosper without SOME of the old guard draw staying on. With news that Lesnar is thinking of coming back, I bet you Dana makes it really worth his while now.

Outside of Jones Gustafsson II, I can't think of a single fight that I'm really looking forward to. I mean they just had to re-book Rousey in 2 months 2 PPV's from now.

Not me. Weidman-Belfort, Cruz-Barao, Jones-Texaira are all fights I want to watch. As well as the inevitable Pettis-Aldo match, which will be bawse.

Outside of Jones Gustafsson II, I can't think of a single fight that I'm really looking forward to.

Ditto... but that's a big one to look forward to. Their first bout was downright incredible.

It was a shame anybody lost that fight; I have a feeling Jones will be a bit better prepared for him the second time around. As long as he isn't feeling any long-term effects from the recent injuries (foot, shoulder... etc) , I agree with BooRadley... He's probably in line to defend his title without breaking a sweat for a couple of years.

I think the fact jj gets hurt in every fight these days doesnt bode well for him being the new gsp/ silva. I also have very little interest in the really low weight classes, without any real knockout power the fights brcome boring

Back