• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

booradley

Reaction score
Mir didn't even seem to try - he just let Cormier shove him up against the cage and then he didn't scrap to escape. Mid-ring, he looked slow, lazy and maybe even afraid to cut loose. #retire

Good decision in the Henderson-Melendez bout, I had Melendez taking the 1st two rounds, but he faded badly in the last two. Would've been interesting to see if Henderson would make that marriage proposal if he had LOST, since he wouldn't have had the spotlight - Rogan and the cameras would've been focused on Melendez instead. #whatever

Did anyone see the Tyson Fury - USS Cunningham bout on NBC? Fury should've been DQ'd for shoving Cunningham from behind after the 1st. Whaddapunk! #notmmabutthatsok

Last edited:
Yeah that title bout was one of the better fights ive seen. Melendez had the first & second round. Ben turned it on near the end of the second round. Since then, it was all his.

Pumped for 159 though. Great fight card.

I thought Melendez took the last round too; he was definitely the aggressor. No big complaint though since the fight was razor close. Hopefully we'll see this fight again.

Who knows what Mir was thinking. If he intened to stay on his feet and keep distance, it was a bad game plan for a fighter as quick as Cormier. This bout was the lone stinker in a pretty amazing card.

Did catch the Tyson Fury fight. Boxing has really hit rock bottom. Terrible match-up with pro wrestilng antics.

Mir didn't even seem to try - he just let Cormier shove him up against the cage and then he didn't scrap to escape. Mid-ring, he looked slow, lazy and maybe even afraid to cut loose. #retire

Good decision in the Henderson-Melendez bout, I had Melendez taking the 1st two rounds, but he faded badly in the last two. Would've been interesting to see if Henderson would make that marriage proposal if he had LOST, since he wouldn't have had the spotlight - Rogan and the cameras would've been focused on Melendez instead. #whatever

Did anyone see the Tyson Fury - USS Cunningham bout on NBC? Fury should've been DQ'd for shoving Cunningham from behind after the 1st. Whaddapunk! #notmmabutthatsok

Fury singing "Keep it between the lines" was classic!!! Best fight was Canelo vs. Trout. The year in boxing so far has been fantastic. You must be talking about "heavyweight" being terrible.

Take it to the Pit. This board is for sports, not sports-themed scripted television.

Take it to the Pit. This board is for sports, not sports-themed scripted television.

tha fuq? How does George St Pierre happen if its scripted? One of their 3 biggest stars wins like 8 straight absolute bores of title fights in a row.

tha fuq? How does George St Pierre happen if its scripted? One of their 3 biggest stars wins like 8 straight absolute bores of title fights in a row.

One of the most exciting athletes is in UFC in Jonny bones.

If GSP is headlining a PPV, I'm not paying for it.

Khan vs. Diaz was great earlier today. Tonight "Swift" Garcia vs. Zab Judah and Sergio fight. Sucks I wont be in Vegas for Cinco De Mayo for the fight as I typically am.

Just ordered, Chael's put on alotta weight, you think that's what he used to walk around at previously before he moved up?

Also, had no idea Rogan was so tatted up these days watching the weigh in's. Jones is like an 8-9:1 favorite here, seems high.

Chael might be Jon's biggest fan. The dude loves him.

"You wanna hear the real story? I got a call from Dana, he said 'listen Chael, I'm putting you to work.' He said 'I overpaid for this light heavy, who I've come to realize is a jerk. No one is watching him at home or at bars, and his fights, he mine as well be on dancing with the stars.'"

"So I went and got a few tapes, I suggest you do too if you have trouble sleeping at night"

Back