• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

This is what I would do. I would call them "The Skins" get rid of all American Indian imagery and adopt the Hogs as a logo. Play off pigskin....maybe even call the team the HogSkins.

That being said I think this is all about white people being offended for other people. This is an issue all about white man's guilt.

good idea about bringing the hogs into it. other than the way arkansas does their logo i dont see it being a very attractive option...

You just agreed with
i

Rick Reilly | email
Columnist, ESPN.co

I guess if I had to choose another name it be the Warriors and they could go back to the spear helmet logo like they used to have years ago.

I ask you again BBD...how come you are not as offended by the tomahawk waving Braves organization? The Skins never portray American Indians as savages the way your beloved Braves do.

I ask you again BBD...how come you are not as offended by the tomahawk waving Braves organization? The Skins never portray American Indians as savages the way your beloved Braves do.

the tomahawk chop was transferred over from the Florida State Seminoles when Deion Sanders brought it with him. The Seminoles (the real ones) have no problem when FSU uses it, so by proxy we are the same because we asked for FSU's permission.

Although I personally hate the chop, because I hate the Noles.

I've changed my mind on the chop. I don't like the tomahawk chop, I don't do it, and I cringe every time the stadium does it. I'd like for them to get rid of it. Thank God they decided not to go with the old logo on the BP caps this year. That would've been bad too.

I've changed my mind on the chop. I don't like the tomahawk chop, I don't do it, and I cringe every time the stadium does it. I'd like for them to get rid of it. Thank God they decided not to go with the old logo on the BP caps this year. That would've been bad too.

Do you not agree that the portraying of American Indians as savages (the way the Braves do) is more offensive than the name Redskins? The Washington Redskins use very little Native American imagery and never portray them as blood trusty animals.

When this becomes an issue people will stop buying tickets and merchandise. Until then Snyder isn't going to change.

Do you not agree that the portraying of American Indians as savages (the way the Braves do) is more offensive than the name Redskins? The Washington Redskins use very little Native American imagery and never portray them as blood trusty animals.

More offensive? No. That doesn't mean it's a good thing to do. But I don't think it's as bad as "Redskins"

I don't find the tomahawk chop offensive at all.

Native American Braves used tomahawks. That's a historical fact. Do the Braves need to get rid of the war drum as well?

Except for... you know, the side of every single player's head out on the field.

Back