• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

Warriors is kind of a bland name. It's the name private Christian schools use.

Doesn't look like they're considering a NIL agreement with a local tribe. That's a win/win.

We've already got one obnoxious warriors team. No need to double that.

Warriors is kind of a bland name. It's the name private Christian schools use.

Doesn't look like they're considering a NIL agreement with a local tribe. That's a win/win.

Maybe that's their goal, to keep it bland and non controversial. Even if they pick a name a tribe is OK with that could change down the road. I also don't see a reason it has to flow with the word "Washington". Where it seems like we are headed I'm sure there will be a movement to change that name too. Then we'd be stuck with something like Capitol City Warriors.

Maybe that's their goal, to keep it bland and non controversial. Even if they pick a name a tribe is OK with that could change down the road. I also don't see a reason it has to flow with the word "Washington". Where it seems like we are headed I'm sure there will be a movement to change that name too. Then we'd be stuck with something like Capitol City Warriors.

RIP Capitol City Bombers

CapitalCityBombers.jpg

After the Bullets changed their name, how could another Washington team invoke violent imagery in a new mascot?

Washington White Guys

de56a09265cd51b7dad49b0d775ef7dc.jpg

Hail to the White Guys
Hail victory
Dudes stuck in traffic
Fight for old DC

71Yt%2BPDbJFL.__AC_SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Team announcing tomorrow they’re changing the name, but not expected to announce the name

I'd vote Warfighter over Warrior, but I think it'd be easier to ditch the Washington piece and go with DC something. DC United is an infinitely better name than Washington Wizards. Steal a good soccer name like DC Arsenal.

I'd vote Warfighter over Warrior, but I think it'd be easier to ditch the Washington piece and go with DC something. DC United is an infinitely better name than Washington Wizards. Steal a good soccer name like DC Arsenal.

I'm sure they will stick with Washington. The Wizards is obviously a dumb name. Lots of smoke about the new name being between the Warriors and Redtails. Any news on them moving back to D.C.?

Back