• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

my boy rowdy stalking squirrels

and on his chair

Attachments

• 569.jpg
    569.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0
Quick update on Panda. Family just put in paperwork on her so she's getting adopted tomorrow. Puppies go fast.

Which leaves only Bella, who I'm also fostering (probably will adopt if no one else does within a couple weeks or so)
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG

$380.00

More than I'd normally spend on a vacuum, but the "nice" ones we've been getting in the past have filled up with hair and lost suction not long after we got them. This one came with tons of recommendations.

have you ever tried using a wet/dry vac (specifically RIGID) for pet hair? i borrowed my best friend's recently to clean up the mess after a pipe burst, and figured while i had it, i might as well clean my house. phenomenal. so now i'm planning on buying my own. but i'm now wondering which is more powerful. if you have used both and can compare the two, i'd love to hear what you think.

This is a pic of my brother with his 10 month old Alaskan Malamute "puppy." I think he currently weighs in around 110 lbs and should top out around 160-170 lbs.

381381_10150532032264330_507719329_8772067_1291087626_n.jpg

This is a pic of my brother with his 10 month old Alaskan Malamute "puppy." I think he currently weighs in around 110 lbs and should top out around 160-170 lbs.

That's a loving embrace.

Woah! Why is he so huge? (The Malamute, not your brother...)

Malamutes are big dogs, but usually males are around 80-100 pounds or so, maybe a little bit bigger. I think AKC standard weight for Malamutes is like 85 pounds. I have never seen one get up around 150!

Yeah, my older sister's Malamute is nowhere close to that big iirc. That's crazy.

That malamute's father was almost 170 lbs. Biggest damn dog I've ever seen. Of course that was a stated weight and likely was pumped up to sell the dog.

I spent 10 years in Alaska and the male malamute I had growing up topped out at 150 lbs. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the big boy in the pic above reached that.

He's already well above what you would call the breed standard for size and weight. He's also dumber than a bag of hammers.

Last edited:
That malamute's father was almost 170 lbs. Biggest damn dog I've ever seen. Of course that was a stated weight and likely was pumped up to sell the dog.

I spent 10 years in Alaska and the male malamute I had growing up topped out at 150 lbs. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the big boy in the pic above reached that.

He's already well above what you would call the breed standard for size and weight. He's also dumber than a bag of hammers.

Sounds like my Weimaraner, Reiner. We refer to him as a supermodel dog. He is gorgeous. He's about 9 years old and in fantastic shape. Every time he goes to the vet everyone talks about how beautiful he is and how they want to use him to show people what dogs should look like at the ideal weight, etc.

He is also brick dumb. There is just not much going on upstairs with him.

have you ever tried using a wet/dry vac (specifically RIGID) for pet hair? i borrowed my best friend's recently to clean up the mess after a pipe burst, and figured while i had it, i might as well clean my house. phenomenal. so now i'm planning on buying my own. but i'm now wondering which is more powerful. if you have used both and can compare the two, i'd love to hear what you think.

I've got a shop vac from Lowe's that we use to clean up the basement and garage. It works well, granted you are on a solid surface. Our house is entirely hardwood/tile but we do have a few rugs. Suction wise, the Dyson and Shop Vac are quite comparable, but the advantage of the Dyson is that it is more maneuverable and also has the spinning brush which works wonders on the rugs. The advantage of the shop vac is the price. I got mine for like $50.

My mother has a Rainbow Vacuum cleaner, and while it does a great job getting cleaning, emptying the water container is quite annoying. The Dyson has a removable cannister that you hold over the trash can, press a button and it empties itself. The engineering put into that thing is second to none.

I like my Miele Titan....but it was pricey.

Holy balls that is a huge dog. He looks like he's smiling :)

Birds creep me out. They are far too clever, and inherently evil...

I can't seem to see any of LK's pictures.

Here's my bird:
bCgre.jpg

Birds creep me out. They are far too clever, and inherently evil...

Looks exactly like my brothers bird. I hate it and it hates me. It is also dumber than a doornail. Birds are worse than fish as pets. Much more annoying, and get no joy from owning them.

Back