• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

0vOE6If.jpg

We are almost ready (emotionally and physically) to adopt again. I am getting super excited, but S is pretty scared of dogs, so it might be a long road.

Had to put my 11 year old lab down this morning. Best retriever I ever hunted ducks with, and the sweetest, gentlest, best behaved dog in the house I've ever owned.

He was really sick and it was time, but still tough. Gonna miss him. My kids are taking it hard.

Had to put my 11 year old lab down this morning. Best retriever I ever hunted ducks with, and the sweetest, gentlest, best behaved dog in the house I've ever owned.

He was really sick and it was time, but still tough. Gonna miss him. My kids are taking it hard.

That sucks, so sorry.

Really sorry to hear that. Losing a member of the family is heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry to hear this; my thoughts to you and your family.

Damn. My condolences.

Thoughts with you and yours. Just remember the excellent 11+ years you guys had and the great life you provided an excellent companion.

Ugh. So sorry to hear this. It never, ever is easy. Good for you for knowing it was time and letting him go. :(

Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how much harder it is with kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, after 5 years since we had to put down our 15 year old Toy Fox Terrier, the wife and I are back in the game having rescued an 8 year old Cockapoo. :thumbsup:

Fostering a couple of kitties this time these; things are adorable.

O9OASu1.jpg

See BSF, not all bird people hate cats.

During his bathtime last night, we noticed a mass at 8 o'clock on Harvey's bum. I assumed it was just an anal gland that needed to be expressed, but was the size of a quarter and he's only 30lbs. Anyways, we took him to the vet this morning, and it wasn't an anal gland but some sort of mass that will have to be removed within the next 30 days. They haven't dropped the C word yet, but its growing to the point of impacting his ability to walk and to poop, so it looks like he'll be going under the knife after Thanksgiving.

My parents came up today and brought their new dog. These two look like they could get into some trouble together

Bob and Lucy

962703fda17cf6861fbd2512dcec5082.jpg

Back