• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Anyone have experience with a cat getting a blood transfusion?

Took one of our boys to the vet yesterday after he stopped eating and started having bowel issues. Vet called today and gave a laundry list of things that are wrong with him and let us know the first step was to get him a blood transfusion then go down the path of further diagnostics to find the root(s) of the problems.

I am struggling​ with what to do. He has had health problems his whole life and I don't want to go down a path that doesn't lead anywhere good, but don't want to give up on him either.

Wife and I will make a decision today on how to proceed. Typing this out just felt therapeutic. Please send good thoughts to GOB (his brother Buster would be lonely without him).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We said goodbye to Gob today. He was a good boy and we will miss him terribly.

Gob is the black cat enjoying the sunspots in this picture.
0e25471822604194878607c959887600.jpg

So sorry for your loss and that you had to make such a tough decision... even when it's definitely thenright decision it is still so difficult. Good vibes to you and wife.

Sorry deaconsodear. Hope you all and Buster are doing okay.

Our puppy got some highly contagious worm from the daycare she goes to and had to stay home for five days while she was going through antibiotics. Apparently it's highly common this time of year up here and the vet's dog had it a month ago. She doesn't care and isn't acting any different but does have to pee relatively frequently so one of us has had to stay home with her the last two days and again today. Dogs man.

Our 9 year old Shihpoo got into something and yacked in the bedroom. :(

Always something....

Got the pup back from 3.5 weeks of training today. He better be fucking good now or I'm making him pay me back for the cost.

New foster dog, Percy the Jack Russell terrier. He is a sweet 10(+) year old dog given up by his dick head owner that was tired of having a dog. We think the poor fella is completely def and we know he is super nervous due to all the tumult in his life lately. 10 year old dogs are really hard to find homes for...maybe he is a keeper.

vaCXaul.jpg

This foster dog was cute and sweet, but he attacked and nearly killed one of our chickens. The kids were really upset, so we had to give him back to the rescue. I do think they found him a forever home now though.

My wife just took our 13 year old basset/beagle mix to get put down at the 24 hour vet.

He went downhill in the last week. He has been getting old but he could still take walks and such until last week. He get a huge nosebleed on the way to the vet last Tuesday. They couldn't do anything for him. He made the house look like a murder scene until he rested and healed. Last Thursday, the vet gave him a year to live. Monday, he was walking around with some pain but he could still do his normal routine. Yesterday, he was completely incapacitated and only got up a few times to pee and spew bloody diarrhea a few feet from his dog bed. He was screaming in pain an hour ago. We had no choice.

I'm still in shock. We were going to take him for his annual trip to our in laws to keep him while we are on vacation. My MIL is going to be devastated. We have to tell the boys in an hour and explain why they couldn't say bye.

That really sucks, Ph. That's the kind thing to do, but it's never ever easy. Do your boys know yet?

No. My wife is completely torn up and needed some time instead of doing the usual dropoff routine. She didn't want to deal with it before school. So we just told then she took him to the emergency vet because he wasn't feeling well.

My wife just took our 13 year old basset/beagle mix to get put down at the 24 hour vet.

He went downhill in the last week. He has been getting old but he could still take walks and such until last week. He get a huge nosebleed on the way to the vet last Tuesday. They couldn't do anything for him. He made the house look like a murder scene until he rested and healed. Last Thursday, the vet gave him a year to live. Monday, he was walking around with some pain but he could still do his normal routine. Yesterday, he was completely incapacitated and only got up a few times to pee and spew bloody diarrhea a few feet from his dog bed. He was screaming in pain an hour ago. We had no choice.

I'm still in shock. We were going to take him for his annual trip to our in laws to keep him while we are on vacation. My MIL is going to be devastated. We have to tell the boys in an hour and explain why they couldn't say bye.

Damn, dude, that hits me in the feels. I have a basset/beagle mix and he is the shiz as I am sure your boy was too. I am sorry for your loss.

Actually he was an asshole until he got too old and deaf to be one anymore. He'd step halfway out the dog door and pee on the lanai. 95 degree heat and he'd dig holes in the yard to cool off instead of chilling in the lanai by the fan. Stole a plate off the kids table at my birthday party on Saturday for old times sake. Could barely jump but he had one last leap in him.

Can't believe things went downhill so quickly. Life is precious.

Actually he was an asshole until he got too old and deaf to be one anymore. He'd step halfway out the dog door and pee on the lanai. 95 degree heat and he'd dig holes in the yard to cool off instead of chilling in the lanai by the fan. Stole a plate off the kids table at my birthday party on Saturday for old times sake. Could barely jump but he had one last leap in him.

Can't believe things went downhill so quickly. Life is precious.

Yes, they are a special mix of stubborn and ornery. This is my first run with this mix, and he is certainly a handful. His personality is unique and definitely more present than other dogs I have had which I really enjoy, despite the various frustrations.

I love my 8 year old guys but one of them seems to be losing his mind. He is peeing and pooping all over the place inside and it is driving me and the wife insane. He has ruined a couple of carpets.

Is it bad or should I feel guilty to put him down over that?

I love my 8 year old guys but one of them seems to be losing his mind. He is peeing and pooping all over the place inside and it is driving me and the wife insane. He has ruined a couple of carpets.

Have you taken him to the vet? It could be something as simple as an infection.

Surprised this hasn't been ripped to shreds yet. Putting a dog down solely due to lack of being able to be house-broken (for an unknown reason) is absurd. Hope the vet is able to find a quick fix, as tsy said.

Surprised this hasn't been ripped to shreds yet. Putting a dog down solely due to lack of being able to be house-broken (for an unknown reason) is absurd. Hope the vet is able to find a quick fix, as tsy said.

The dog has been house broken for the last 8 years and has just recently begun to do this.

That leads me to think there is something going on internally, whether it be infection or something else. He didnt just forget how to be housebroken.

Last edited:
Back