• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Looks exactly like my brothers bird. I hate it and it hates me. It is also dumber than a doornail. Birds are worse than fish as pets. Much more annoying, and get no joy from owning them.

Clever bird, indeed. If you spend the time caring for the bird (playing with it, interacting with it like you'd do with a dog or a cat), then the bird will definitely return your affection. My wife went from 'We're getting a bird mostly because you want one' to 'I can't believe how much I really love this bird' in a couple of months.

Just scheduled the meet and greet with Kirby and Cora on Monday afternoon. Its just a formality, because we're 99% positive which one we are getting. They get spayed/neutered on Tuesday.

my dog is coughing and gagging ALL day. different websites say it can be allergies or a cold, or even heart failure :(...anyone have any experience with dogs coughing?

my dog is coughing and gagging ALL day. different websites say it can be allergies or a cold, or even heart failure :(...anyone have any experience with dogs coughing?

Family golden retriever was coughing for like 3 days straight. Turned out to be a severely irritated throat caused by allergies. He kept irritating it to the point where he had to go to the vet, get a shot to control the swelling and medicine. So, I'd get the dog checked out tomorrow or Tuesday if the coughing does not stop since it may exacerbate the situation if the cough continues untreated. Check its mouth with a flashlight and also feel the beginning to see if anything is stuck. If its eating still, that means it is something minor. If it is not eating, it is something that requires immediate attention.

Is he licking his feet?

Both of our dogs have allergies, with one having severe allergies. It is not uncommon for them to cough, sneeze, and gag constantly. You can give them a benedryl. Our dogs are under 30lbs and they get a children's benedryl. Also go out and buy some cheap baby wipes. Wipe down his feet. This will help the allergies as well.

thanks for the advice! it's the first time he's been sick or done anything out of the ordinary since we got him so of course we're nervous about it.

Have any of you had a silver lab? Or known someone else that has had one?

Have any of you had a silver lab? Or known someone else that has had one?

My brother in law has one. I spent like a year arguing with him that it was really a weimareiner, but it's actually a lab. He is a good dog, but very much lab. He's maybe 2 now. Tons of energy. Beautiful dog.

My brother in law has one. I spent like a year arguing with him that it was really a weimareiner, but it's actually a lab. He is a good dog, but very much lab. He's maybe 2 now. Tons of energy. Beautiful dog.

Yeah, they look so much like a Weimareiner, but they aren't as skinny.

I really like them.

We met Cora and Kirby today, and played with them and our dog for about a hour. They were both cute, and we really liked them both, but decided to not get either of them. At 10 weeks old, they were already 1/2 of Harvey's weight and we really want something closer to his size. Thankfully there are two other couples who applied to get Cora and Kirby, so I'm sure they'll soon be adopted to a good home.

So the search is still on.

We did find a perfect match last night on petfinder. He's 8 months old and is a daschund mix, looks very similar to our current dog, and is going to be comparable in size as an adult. He's not named yet, and goes by Intake #36541

We did find a perfect match last night on petfinder. He's 8 months old and is a daschund mix, looks very similar to our current dog, and is going to be comparable in size as an adult. He's not named yet, and goes by Intake #36541

Looks like a Dusty to me

Since you already have a "Harv" at home I believe this one needs to be named "Marv."

Back