• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

My favorite with our dogs is when someone chimes in on Jeopordy and they bark at that because they think it's the doorbell.

yep, whenever i'm watching tv and somebody rings a doorbell on the show, or knocks on a door (in the show), my dog goes nuts.

Multiple pet owners, we are having a problem with Amber hogging and being jealous of all of Harvey's toys. Granted we've only been working with her for a week, it's quite annoying. She'll grab a bone or toy, and he'll grab a one, and when she gets tired of hers, she goes and runs him off of his. He's getting to the point of not wanting to play with them. Currently, we are just telling her no, and giving it back to him. Any other suggestions? I'm sure it has to do with her growing up in a kennel, and not being accustomed to having toys, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

Stanley used to like to try to steal cat toys, which are choking hazards for him. Now there are no cat toys out.

Multiple pet owners, we are having a problem with Amber hogging and being jealous of all of Harvey's toys. Granted we've only been working with her for a week, it's quite annoying. She'll grab a bone or toy, and he'll grab a one, and when she gets tired of hers, she goes and runs him off of his. He's getting to the point of not wanting to play with them. Currently, we are just telling her no, and giving it back to him. Any other suggestions? I'm sure it has to do with her growing up in a kennel, and not being accustomed to having toys, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

We have this problem also. It's annoying, but not necessarily a problem for the dogs. They are establishing social order through that process, and nothing you do can force that. You have to let them sort out who is above who on the pecking order. Trying to change that will ultimately lead to more problems. Give each dog some alone time with you where they don't have to be so concerned about social order.

We have this problem also. It's annoying, but not necessarily a problem for the dogs. They are establishing social order through that process, and nothing you do can force that. You have to let them sort out who is above who on the pecking order. Trying to change that will ultimately lead to more problems. Give each dog some alone time with you where they don't have to be so concerned about social order.

I completely agree. I've had the same issue with my dogs. Eventually they will figure it out themselves.

Finally, I got some pictures of Sydney today.

5n8wwl.jpg

Silly dog blinked!

1o3aj5.jpg

Looks like the tvcigar family is getting one of the french bulldogs rescued from the stokes county puppy mill bust this week. Cross your fingers, and then hope our Frenchie likes the new puppy.

On the right was my Great Dane (mix) who passed away and on the left was my attempt to find one for my sister just like her.

comparisond.jpg

On the right was my Great Dane (mix) who passed away and on the left was my attempt to find one for my sister just like her.

comparisond.jpg

They both have beautiful blue eyes.

wakebder, what kind(s) of dog is that? Looks a lot like mine, but maybe a little thicker hair.

New foster Tug (Great Pyrenees but doesn't look like it right now)
Way underweight, eye and ear infections, moderate skin/hair loss problems
6p41af.jpg

i was out on my run this morning, almost home, when i saw a dog get hit by a car. ugh, it was awful. when i finally got home i gave my dog the biggest hug and thanked her for never taking off on me like that (the dog's owner was chasing after him when he got hit. apparently he jumped the fence).

i was out on my run this morning, almost home, when i saw a dog get hit by a car. ugh, it was awful. when i finally got home i gave my dog the biggest hug and thanked her for never taking off on me like that (the dog's owner was chasing after him when he got hit. apparently he jumped the fence).

this was sad enough to read about; this is a complete day-ruiner to see in person.

Ugh, took Bella and Woody to the vet today. They both had blood panels done to go under anasthesia, then they both went under and had dental cleanings. Each of them had one tooth extracted. They both got a pain shot and an antibiotic shot and they got follow up pain pills and antibiotics.

Bella also had a growth removed from her chest and sent off for biopsy.

Total bill: $924

:rulz:

I really should have pet insurance.

What kind of dog is that? There are two puppies like that in our puppy class and our Westie hates them because they suck at playing.

Back