• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

bwahaha. i can hear you saying 'they suck at playing' and it makes me laugh.

mr. jack (jackson) is currently laying by my side here at the couch; he's so happy to be home.

Shih Tzu

Bernie is really playful, especially with other dogs. However, he is so small that he runs out of energy pretty quickly and has to sleep for a while.

Booger sleeping on a tie-dye blanket next to me on the couch.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329190117.308238.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329190117.308238.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Deacon in his crate.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329190289.080901.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329190289.080901.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0
NOM NOM NOM

IMG00016-20120204-1824.jpg

The crew...

My BullMastiff- Saxton
19280_1227104637499_1225531099_30670864_6529528_n.jpg

Aus. Heeler/mix rescue- Sophie
13294_1340067501500_1225531099_30911653_5667206_n.jpg

Mix/rescue- Deacon wet from playing in the kiddie/doggie pool
225618_1990924572520_1225531099_31986225_7726842_n.jpg

Ugh, the last couple days Amber has shit in her kennel and peed in the house before bed. She had been doing so well. I keep telling myself it's just a setback, and we've only had her a few weeks. I think not taking her out at the normal time over the weekend threw her off.

Just found out Duncan has a small bladder infection. Thank God. He was peeing so fricking much.

Ugh, the last couple days Amber has shit in her kennel and peed in the house before bed. She had been doing so well. I keep telling myself it's just a setback, and we've only had her a few weeks. I think not taking her out at the normal time over the weekend threw her off.

Hopefully it is just a problem with being off the routine.

Pooches get urinary tract infections pretty easy. If they get one they pee like crazy. Try cutting them off the water an hour or so before bed so they can get it all out.

Getting it on a consistent schedule is key. We have a 16 wk old collie and for the first couple of weeks as we were trying to figure out its schedule, we were taking it outside, regardless of the time, whenever it would whine or yelp in its crate just b/c we didn't want to have to end up cleaning up pee/crap inside. Good times walking in circles in the backyard at 3:00 am saying "go poo poo" over and over in the middle of a downpour. After the first couple of weeks, we figured out that if taken outside right after eating, she'd take a dump. We also make sure to take her out to pee b/f we let her out of the crate to run around and play inside. If your's pees in the crate, don't use ammonia-based cleaners b/c it will smell the ammonia and think pee.

We usually are on a strict regimen of feeding at 6a and 6p and taking them out immediately after. We slept in this weekend, and she's pooped around 11am both days in the kennel. We're only three weeks into the rescue, so I'm confident she'll break from it soon, but it's annoying after having our other dog trained for a few years now.

From a couple days ago when I went to bed and Felix tried to steal my spot! What a jerk.

felixsleep.png

From a couple days ago when I went to bed and Felix tried to steal my spot! What a jerk.

felixsleep.png

He was just keeping it warm for you!

In happy news, we got the results back from Bella's biopsy. No cancer! :thumbsup:

Back