• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

My puppy class went to a fire station last week and they were talking about the Dalmatian getting put down. Said it as sad but they were glad it was happening because there had been multiple seizures and a lot of other health problems lately.

getRawMimePart

Here is crazy Stella. She just sits on this table and stares at the driveway when 61Toy is not at home

So Caesar the bird lost a few blood feathers on Wednesday night and flung blood all over the floor and the wall. He is fine, but damn it it didn't look like someone broke their nose in his cage.

Check out this picture of our Weimaraner, Reiner, that RDToy took last night. I think I might have to print this one out as a keeper, especially since Reiner is 9. (He is in great health though, except for his death breath.)

553659_10150692902174330_588964329_9251897_177484655_n.jpg

I got a boxer named violet over the weekend. She came in and immediately destroyed my other dog's favorite toy alligator. He was pissed.

If anyone picks up the music related coincidence in all this, you'll get posrep from me.

FYI 2 dogs helps if you have a crazy one already.

I got a boxer named violet over the weekend. She came in and immediately destroyed my other dog's favorite toy alligator. He was pissed.

If anyone picks up the music related coincidence in all this, you'll get posrep from me.

The National!

So what happens when you have five dogs and one is neurotic, one is hyperactive, one is terrified of thunderstorms and fireworks, one is a bully and the lone female is a bitch both figuratively and literally.

So what happens when you have five dogs and one is neurotic, one is hyperactive, one is terrified of thunderstorms and fireworks, one is a bully and the lone female is a bitch both figuratively and literally.

This means the owner is a pet hoarder.

Yep. Crazy dog man. :)

And I forgot the two cats. got to throw them in there too.

The real answer is what happens when you merge two multi-pet households and then look after your brother's dog when he goes to Korea.

Raleigh and Mrs Raleigh (to be) are great animal lovers. They'd save them all if they could, which means they're good people.

Raleigh and Mrs Raleigh (to be) are great animal lovers. They'd save them all if they could, which means they're good people.
stop_making_excuses.jpg

Also, I meant the animal hoarding thing as a joke. And this one too...
I'm all for having as many animals as you want, provided you can care for them and there's no indication the Raleigh crew cannot. Props for the varied herd.

stop_making_excuses.jpg

I'm all for having as many animals as you want, provided you can care for them and there's no indication the Raleigh crew cannot. Props for the varied herd.

Oh no worries, I knew (or assumed) it was a joke. They are all well cared for, as proven by my credit card bill from "dental month" in February. Jeez...

Oh no worries, I knew (or assumed) it was a joke. They are all well cared for, as proven by my credit card bill from "dental month" in February. Jeez...
images

For every dog I've owned (they've all been bigger), I've given them one of these after dinner and their teeth have never need to been clean. Guess it scrapes the teeth clean or something, I swear by these or whatever they're called now (they changed the name and increased the price - go figure). But I can imagine that teeth cleaning/work is expensive since it involves putting the dog to sleep while doing it.

images

For every dog I've owned (they've all been bigger), I've given them one of these after dinner and their teeth have never need to been clean. Guess it scrapes the teeth clean or something, I swear by these or whatever they're called now (they changed the name and increased the price - go figure). But I can imagine that teeth cleaning/work is expensive since it involves putting the dog to sleep while doing it.

Yep, having them put under is the real expense. The big dog's teeth aren't that bad usually. Reiner's need some work though. Our Dachshunds however have horrible teeth. They have to be cleaned at least once a year and so far Bella has had 7 teeth extracted and Woody has had one.

Essentially, if Bella lives beyond the age of 15, she'll probably have a decent shot at the title of World's Ugliest Dog.

stop_making_excuses.jpg

For sure. That's what I figured.

I'm in the market for a husky puppy. Preferably a male. Any suggestions on breeders, best cost options, times of year to get one? I've had a husky before so I'm pretty familiar with raising them.

Of course you'll have to feed it a lot to maintain its husky nature. :rimshot

Also, ditch the breeder idea and start here: http://www.siberianrescue.com/

My two cents...

Back