• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

here's winston the cardigan corgi and the homebrew label i created in his honor:

smilincorgiale.jpg

I :h34rt: corgis! That was one of the breeds we were looking for, but didn't really ever see any at the rescue orgs in DC. Ours has a similar body, but more houndy ears.

This is my baby girl, Spooner...

As a puppy:

s5a0v.jpg

Now (5 y.o.): yes, she has a Christmas sweater... blame the gf

BSDW3l.jpg

I know I've posted his pictures a thousand times but...gotta do a few more. dv7 and I got Felix from a friend a few months ago. he is around 6.5 months old and already 40lbs. He's a mix with an English Bulldog and...who knows what else. He is so awesome and I love him SO much...my handsome little man.

The first day we got him:
28jw552.jpg

this is a month or so ago...he is so snuggly when he is sleepy
10ni5q8.jpg

and this is Felix yesterday...i love his coloring.
ru8lcn.jpg

Family's current black and gold dogs (Hunter and Riley)

Flat Coated Retriever and Golden Retriever
SC345.18573070-1-x.jpg
2jb6txg.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_6013.jpg

jackson (J's/my dog) frolicking in the snow- loving it

IMG_6026.jpg

rudy (family dog) in the snow- hating it

IMG_0523.jpg

Jackson smiling on a recent hike

IMG_6959.jpg

Jackson's senior portrait.

Jackson is 12, Rudy is 10.

Last edited:
Lucy likes her Kong but is not always so great and getting treats out of it. We're trying to teach her how to use it. Tried PB on top of treats a couple times but need to try again.

Anyone used one of these?

PAAAAAPOLJBBFJGJ.jpg

The trainer we go to recommended it to keep her occupied while we're at work and do some mental stimulation. Thus far she has not figured it out and doesn't have much interest.

Havent tried that, my trainer actually recommended that but i didnt want food to be all over the house and him running and scuffing up the floor any more than he already does.

we went with this instead... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JQLNB4

Booger and Deacon. Booger is a 5 year old Jack Russell mix, and Deacon is nearly a year old and a Black Lab mix.

Attachments

• mobileimage.jpg
    mobileimage.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 29
attachment.php

Heres my Macie watching football with me last Saturday. She a 1 1/2 year old lab mix who I adopted from the Humane Society as a puppy.

attachment.php

And here she is at a recent dog show.

Attachments

• Macey football.jpg
    Macey football.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Macey dog show.jpg
    Macey dog show.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
"And she had these strikingly deep dark eyes that I'd never noticed before. I casually told her that I liked her eyes. When I said that, it was the first time I'd ever seen her smile."

Knock it off, Moonzzzz.

We had a solid black cat show up on our deck, peeking in the window during a driving snow storm our first month here in OH. His face was frozen, so I put him in the garage for the night with a blanket and some warm milk. I HATE cats. Next day I turned him loose. Two nights later he is back during another storm. I built a den for him with blankets and food on our deck. He spent that winter in his den on our deck.

Fast forward a year and Raleigh now sleeps on my pillow every night, follows me around, comes when I call his name, wherever he is in the neighborhood. He is a ferocious hunter and brings home all sorts of creatures. He loves me like a dog. Hard to hate cats now!

To everybody on this thread who has adopted/rescued their pets, a job well done. I wish we had more folks doing this.

Denver

Back