• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Just bought Lucy an antler. This may be old hat to you all, but evidently dogs can chew on antlers that have been shed. It was $20 but she's worked on it for an hour while barley rounding an edge.

Just bought Lucy an antler. This may be old hat to you all, but evidently dogs can chew on antlers that have been shed. It was $20 but she's worked on it for an hour while barley rounding an edge.

oh shoot, i should have mentioned this. jackson's favorite thing is his antler. he's had it for 8 years and it barely looks touched.

my uncle hunts, and told all his hunting friends about this and they couldn't believe how much antlers were going for. He got my dog like 15 for christmas this year. i think my dog loves him now.

my uncle hunts, and told all his hunting friends about this and they couldn't believe how much antlers were going for. He got my dog like 15 for christmas this year. i think my dog loves him now.

Yeah, hot damn. That's awesome. Lucy is jawing on her's now.

Free antlers would be money. We got our Lucy one a while back that seemed to last a long time (there's still some left, but not a ton). Then we got her a new one a couple weeks ago and this must've been from a week-ass deer because in a very short amount of time I think she's gotten it down to half its size. Boo.

We ordered a couple from Amazon the other day, and I've told everyone I know that hunts to save them for me from now on.

I want to go back in time and destroy whoever the fucking moron who bred the first hound dog was. ZOMG those things don't shut up. Elvis wasn't kidding. I am never dogsitting any dog that isn't a retriever or herding dog (or mix containing one of those groups).

Sighthounds can stay. The rest can GTFO.

Last edited:
We ordered a couple from Amazon the other day, and I've told everyone I know that hunts to save them for me from now on.

And within a day Amber absolutely destroyed one. It must have been killed in the spring, because there was a huge marrow core.

We had a wreck call tonight with a guy who was driving with his pit bull. Thankfully the pup wasn't injured, but he was terrified. Comforting the dog was one of the more memorable things I've ever done on a fire scene. I'm so thankful he wasn't injured, it could have been really really.bad.

Anyone had issues with a restless dog? How did you fix them?

My pup is 5, sleeps on a dog bed in my room, and normally does fine. The last couple of weeks he's been getting up in the morning and coming into the bed to sleep. The problem is that I don't let him / want him sleeping in my bed.

I've taken him out a few times and he doesn't seem that interested in going pee, so I'm not convinced that's the issue. Normally if he has to go at night he'll walk over to the side of my bed and just stare at me panting until I wake up (heavy dog breath in the face isn't the most pleasant way to be woken up).

There are literally no other indications of him not feeling well - he's eating fine, energy is fine, and we haven't had any other changes to the routine. Halp?

Our two most recent dog shaming submissions:

2rd88df.jpg

oumxhw.jpg

Same time of the morning, or does it vary?

Varies...This weekend we stayed at a friends house (the dog came with) and he didn't get up at all on Friday or Saturday, but this morning he climbed into bed around 0430

could the dog be cold? do you have a programmable thermostat that lets the the house cool down while you're sleeping?

could the dog be cold? do you have a programmable thermostat that lets the the house cool down while you're sleeping?

Maybe?

The heater has actually been running a little more lately because it has stayed colder the last few weeks. His bed isn't in directly line of any vents so I don't think it's a comfort / temperature issue specifically. I don't know if I've had my ceiling fan running as much lately though. Maybe I'll turn it on tonight to see if that helps.

Our dogs get into a strict routine of eating and pottying at specific times, so they wake us up if we tend to oversleep. We generally get up at 6am weekdays, so if we arent awake they wake us up just out of habit. Its annoying on the weekends, or when we are trying to sleep later than normal.

Our dogs get into a strict routine of eating and pottying at specific times, so they wake us up if we tend to oversleep. We generally get up at 6am weekdays, so if we arent awake they wake us up just out of habit. Its annoying on the weekends, or when we are trying to sleep later than normal.

Boo fucking Hoo. Try having kids.

Felix got himself another squirrel over the weekend. The poor thing died from internal injuries, I'm thinking.

Oh well, that squirrel shouldn't have been talking shit to my dog.

Back