• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

She's generally scared of humans until she gets to know you, loves other dogs, but she's hell on birds/squirrels/rabbits and the like.

New addition as of yesterday:

2vwcxtk.jpg

Big brother:

1eqq28.jpg

Such a cute. We've been watching a lot of Too Cute on APL lately, and our next will be a dalmation methinks.

Mangler, your new little pup is adorable! Hope big brother doesn't play too rough.

Mangler: your dogs looks awesome.

Sherman has been surprisingly good recently. The last thing he chewed, although expensive, was our CX-9's seatbelt. Ran us $300. But that was nearly a month ago. And since then, he's been an angel.

We just watched the first episode of Glory Hounds on Animal Planet, and one of the dogs took a grenade and didn't make it. That scene was a serious punch to the gut. I lost it when they draped the US flag over the pup.

Got an elk antler & compressed yak cheese last night for the dog. He prefers the yak cheese but loves both.

I posted this on the Chat thread, but thought I would post it here too:

So apparently our dog bit the ankle of a stain removal guy that showed up to our house today while my mom was trying to take him outside to poop. That concerns me. Anyone have any experience there? Should I just chalk it up to the fact that it was my mom (not his owner), his turf, a stranger and the fact that we just moved three weeks ago?

I finally relented and we got Felix neutered... he was at first very unsure of his CONE OF SHAME.

385913_657079999983_443522127_n.jpg

But he got used enough to it by now...

75502_658003105073_1412532275_n.jpg

It would be at least a couple months off, if it happens, but I'm thinking of getting a dog once I move into a new house. I already have a cat. Do animals just learn to get along with or at least tolerate one another? Have any of you successfully brought a dog into a one-cat household?

And yeah, I think some dog people would be like "I hate cats, let the dog eat it" or something, but I like both kinds of animals and would want them to coexist happily.

We got a dog when our cat was already 12 and they never really became friends. Cat just lived upstairs and the dog stayed downstairs mostly.

We had a dog and cat coexist peacefully (they'd play, which was awesome). Really depends on the temperament of both animals though.

It would be at least a couple months off, if it happens, but I'm thinking of getting a dog once I move into a new house. I already have a cat. Do animals just learn to get along with or at least tolerate one another? Have any of you successfully brought a dog into a one-cat household?

And yeah, I think some dog people would be like "I hate cats, let the dog eat it" or something, but I like both kinds of animals and would want them to coexist happily.

We are a two cat household with one dog. The cats are 4-6 years old. One cat really likes the dog and the dog likes both cats. My cat, Riley, is not a fan of the dog. But we all still get along just fine.

I had a cat for about 4-5 years before we adopted our dog and we really had no idea how they'd do together. But one thing we at least tried to do was look for adoptable dogs that were specifically listed as being ok with cats or at least indifferent (most adoption places will let you know if they are bad with cats or will try to do a test with a cat to see).

Amazingly, our pets ended up getting along just fine. They're not best friends (I so wish they would cuddle up together, but that just has not happened), but they co-exist very well. And I think having the dog around has actually made the cat more tolerant and relaxed and less jumpy. The best part is that the cat really likes when the dog licks his head, so every now and then he'll come up and just stick his head into the dog's face. Sometimes the dog obliges and sometimes she just ignores him.

Thanks for the thoughts on cats and dogs. My cat (Fry) and my sister's dog were both at my parents' house at the same time once, but the dog was leashed and being held back. My cat was curious but nervous. He's never met a dog otherwise. Fry is kind of a jerk and strong willed so I think he'd be the type to swat right back at a dog.

Best friends would be great, but mostly the hope would just be for two animals that could live in the same house without fighting.

Back