• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

We put them as tight as possible without choking the dog, or seeming like it would. The dogs wrestle constantly so I imagine paws & mouths are tugging on the collars which then loosens them. Who knows how they get it off though.

Are you using an adjustable collar? Tried a fixed collar with a buckle and prong (like a men's belt)?

Dammit Felix! That is not how dog beds work!

2hf2gde.jpg

lol, jackson does the same thing until he abandons it completely and goes and lays on the bathroom floor between the tub and toilet. such a weirdo.

my company made a big investment in a dog collar that has a leash built into it. Not a bad idea.

Good god, either that's a bad angle or Felix is getting huge.

DV7 what tennis ball toy is that?

Normal size. My dog is puny.

(got it at 5 Below near Target in Winston -- took him 5 minutes to deflate the damn thing, but those 5 minutes were so hysterical)

Good god, either that's a bad angle or Felix is getting huge.

A little bit of both. He has gained weight since THE OPERATION, but he looks bigger than he really is in that picture.

Anyone have experience with Boston Terriers. The apt complex I'm moving to allows you to have 2 dogs with a combined weight of 35lbs. I've heard that Boston's are good apt dogs since they dont bark a lot. But I'd be open to suggestions. I want to wait at least a year or two since I want to get settled in before I consider taking on the responsibility of a dog.

I know some with Boston terriers and I've always liked them. Never had one myself or dog sat one, but I don't recall hearing it bark. If barking isn't an issue, I'd say go with a beagle. Definitely my favorite breed I've had.

I'm about to lose my mind. Feeding the two dogs has become next to impossible (and is only getting worse).

We live in a very modestly sized house... the 8 year old dog will not eat unless everything is normal. She's been like that ever since I've had her. Bowl has to be in the same place, etc.

The new puppy (the 3 lbs dachshund) is absurdly obsessed with food. She goes through her allotted meals (or any reasonably sized treat we give her) in seconds. She has no interest in Kongs, toys, bones, raw hides, or knee-caps when she's either sequestered or knows more efficient food is in the area.

If I trap her anywhere (to give my old dog space to eat)... she shrieks loud enough to make my other dog go hide.

The puppy's gone from not messing up in the house for the first 3 days we had her to a complete nightmare. 30 minute trips outside are followed by her shitting wherever I sit her back down inside.

My other dog (which is 10x her size) is going to snap soon and I can't blame her.

Have you tried feeding one inside & one outside? That's what we have to do cause Sherman is such a slow eater.

Start taking up your older dogs bowl after a short period of time (long enough for it to finish). It will learn to eat in that window. It sounds cruel, but I doubt it will take too many unfinished meals to train your older dog to eat when it's bowl is put down.

You are also talking about pretty standard puppy stuff. Remind yourself that it gets better.

Anyone have experience with Boston Terriers. The apt complex I'm moving to allows you to have 2 dogs with a combined weight of 35lbs. I've heard that Boston's are good apt dogs since they dont bark a lot. But I'd be open to suggestions. I want to wait at least a year or two since I want to get settled in before I consider taking on the responsibility of a dog.

I have dog sat for BT's often, they have a lot of energy. A LOT.

I have dog sat for BT's often, they have a lot of energy. A LOT.

Don't all terriers? Do you live a pretty active lifestyle, and want a dog that can keep up? If not, pugs are great apartment dogs because they are so damn lazy.

Back