Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142
Results 2,821 to 2,825 of 2825

Thread: Pit Pet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    She's 3, and has been doing it off and on her whole life. Have switched foods a couple times, to a nice/expensive one, and really don't think she's lacking in nutrients or anything. She seems to only eat other dogs' poop, not her own - and my girlfriend has 2 dogs. Your strategy sounds fine, but it's not really practical to be watching her every time I let her outside to go to the bathroom or play.
    Agreed, it's not. I kinda just made it a point one or twice a week to look for it and see if I could catch her in the act

I disagree with you
    man, just got the word from the wife that our dog has a 'gnarly sized mass' on his stomach, liver or pancreas

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Gross question - how do you get a dog to stop eating poop? It's easy when they're on a leash, but when they're out in a fenced in yard, it's impossible, unless you're monitoring them 100% of the time. I've heard/read that there are powders you can put on their (and your other pets') food to make it taste horrible. Any specific recs?
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=19133

My parent's dog used to eat my dog's poop when he would go to visit. This helped some. Give them to your girlfriend's dog.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Haven’t posted a pic of my girls lately. They’re perfect.

Robert O'Kelley
    I've had 7 retriever breed (golden & flat coat) dogs in my lifetime but one of my current ones is the first I've experienced "exercise induced collapse." He'll be playing then all of a sudden his back legs get super weak and he basically slinks around for a short time and/or quickly sits down and stays down (on his belly). Comes out of the blue as sometimes it's 5 minutes of activity, other times it's 30 minutes +. It was scary at first but it's not a big deal since we identified the issue and he's never pushed past that point to where he could damage his body. After a few minutes of relaxing he pops up like his normal self.

According to the University of Minnesota, EIC is pretty much confined to retriever breeds.
    Last edited by ChaosDeac; 11-16-2017 at 01:26 AM.