• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Throughout the other threads, people have been posting pics of their pets. Here we can brag, laugh, and discuss our family pets in one place.

I introduce Harvey. He was born in October of 2007 in the town of Wake Forest and is a beagle/daschund mix. We got him from Saving Grace Animal Adoption in March of 2008. He's a small dog, but dont let that fool you. He's a vicious hunter. He likes hunting squirrels and voles/moles, and the occasional rabbit.

23463_568907737243_7204697_33483863_3176664_n.jpg

n7204697_32685160_5854193.jpg

16758_564505838683_7204697_33341713_7794173_n.jpg

You shouldn't let your dog drive your tractor like that. Its not safe.

t-rex.gif

-The day pugsley got off his leash...boy were my neighbors MAAAADDD!

You shouldn't let your dog drive your tractor like that. Its not safe.

t-rex.gif

-The day pugsley got off his leash...boy were my neighbors MAAAADDD!

DINOROARRRRRRRRRRR

my dog, caddie (i didn't name her), was a kind of unconventional rescue. caddie belonged to a high school girl at my church. she was an awful dog (mostly because her family just completely refused to train her properly or discipline), so the mom finally told the high schooler "find her a home or i'm taking her to the pound." so i agreed to take her. i honestly kind of hated her for the first 6 months or so. but since she's now trained, and just because she's grown on me, i absolutely love her and can't imagine my life without her.

the worst thing she ever did was turn on my stove while i was gone at work. i came home to a house completely filled with gas. i have no idea how she survived that, but it freaked me out like none other.

and this is a picture of her after we got back from a camping trip a couple of weeks ago. she was a little tired :)

Attachments

• caddie.jpg
    caddie.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so i can't figure out how to make it bigger. i don't care that much. but it's a cute picture if you could see it.

these are my family's pets back home in raleigh.

holly (bear dog): friend from middle school found her as a puppy wandering around her subdivision. was going to take her to the pound but we took her and never let her go. she's a mutt and the best/happiest/healthiest dog we've ever had.

Od12h.jpg

Jr2K3.jpg

callie: family down the street didn't understand how babies are made and therefore let their female cat (all parts intact) wander around the neighborhood getting preggers. this was one from her first litter. she's a runt, sort of retarded, and probably half raccoon. seriously the strangest cat i've ever met. we're convinced that she'd been thrown out if she hadn't landed with us. we think she's hilarious.

8o7yL.jpg

we also have a 19 y.o. calico named jasmine but i don't have any pics of her on my phone. she won't be around much longer :(

Last edited:
This is Dexter, my year old Boston Terrier. His favorite activities are playing fetch, snuggling on the bed, and eating peanut butter!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Dexter, my year old Boston Terrier. His favorite activities are playing fetch, snuggling on the bed, and eating peanut butter!

Peanut butter in a kong has to be one of the best treats/toys a dog will ever experience. When we do it, Harv has his own little Nirvana.

Yay! Pet thread!

I've had my cat, Riley, for about 4-5 years now (he was around 10 months old when I got him). Picked him out at the Richmond SPCA since he was super friendly and loving (and the fact that he was black and gold helped!). He's a snuggler, although not quite as much so with the new dog around :(

IMG_1417.JPG

August%20Lake%20003.jpg

He's big boned :thumbsup:

Lucy is the newest addition to the household. She's a 2-year old corgi/basset hound mix. Short, long and around 35 lbs. We adopted her from an organization in DC a little over a month ago. She was pretty well trained when we got her, but we're halfway through a basic training course now. She still gets barky in some situations (at all our softball games so far!) but she is a sweetheart who loves belly rubs and running figure 8s in our newly fenced in back yard.

IMG_9545.JPG

IMG_9518.JPG

IMG_9552.JPG

And her Glamour Shot

IMG_9482.JPG

Peanut butter in a kong has to be one of the best treats/toys a dog will ever experience. When we do it, Harv has his own little Nirvana.

I do that for Dexter and he will literally spend hours licking the kong. He LOVES it!

Lucy likes her Kong but is not always so great and getting treats out of it. We're trying to teach her how to use it. Tried PB on top of treats a couple times but need to try again.

Anyone used one of these?

PAAAAAPOLJBBFJGJ.jpg

The trainer we go to recommended it to keep her occupied while we're at work and do some mental stimulation. Thus far she has not figured it out and doesn't have much interest.

I don't really have any of my own pets anymore but here are the pets of my life:

Me with my first pet, Ninja, from the dirty streets of Durham. She passed away in October of '09 at 21 years old
ninja.jpg

Family dog, Mya. She'll be 13 in November
n7206022_30668135_2009.jpg

Not my cat, but Monaco lived with me senior year
P1040293.jpg

My dog for a year, Bostwick:

DSC02402.jpg

thanks TSY for resizing my photo! I'm still relatively new at this!

No worries. It was easier to save it on tinypic and reload it. We cant easily resize in the post boxes here, so its about the only option if its a large picture.

here's winston the cardigan corgi and the homebrew label i created in his honor:

smilincorgiale.jpg

Back