• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nextdoor

Not a subscriber. Summary?

I just looked up mine and because of the side of the street I live on it puts me into a different neighborhood from what I normally associate with being my neighborhood. There would need to be a way to fix this for it to be worthwhile for me.

Not a subscriber. Summary?

Pretty much it is a private social network for neighborhoods. You get sent a postcard to confirm where you live and then you gain access to your neighborhood's group. There are areas for a message board, lost and found (for animals i assume), crime/safety, babysitting, classifieds, free items, etc.

I could see how it could be useful instead of a neighborhood newsletter or listserv.

I just looked up mine and because of the side of the street I live on it puts me into a different neighborhood from what I normally associate with being my neighborhood. There would need to be a way to fix this for it to be worthwhile for me.

I created my neighborhood a minute ago and you can change the boundaries.

Pretty much it is a private social network for neighborhoods. You get sent a postcard to confirm where you live and then you gain access to your neighborhood's group. There are areas for a message board, lost and found (for animals i assume), crime/safety, babysitting, classifieds, free items, etc.

I could see how it could be useful instead of a neighborhood newsletter or listserv.

Thanks. Just closed an hour ago so I'm curious. I don't have a real sense of the people in the neighborhood yet.

Heard some VC guy talking about this a couple months ago. Dude was STOKED about its potential, but VC guys are stoked about everything amirite?

I created my neighborhood a minute ago and you can change the boundaries.

Glad you said so. I signed up and it looks like it has the potential to be pretty handy, especially if more people start using it.

Heard some VC guy talking about this a couple months ago. Dude was STOKED about its potential, but VC guys are stoked about everything amirite?

Haha yeah they've got to talk up stuff in hopes that it'll take off.

My fiancee lives in a townhouse community and it's been pretty useful for her in terms of yard sales, notices about break ins, parking issues, etc.

what's the over/under on how many weeks before it devolves into a politically divided neighborhood gossip contentiousness nightmare?

what's the over/under on how many weeks before it devolves into a politically divided neighborhood gossip contentiousness nightmare?

I think it makes it through summer. Real Desperate Housewives type shit will debut with new fall shows.

geez, worse than Facebook. it was bad enough knowing what my jr high friends were having for dinner and who they were voting for. Fuck the idiot neighbors having message board to complain about the minutiae of the yards and everyone's comings and goings

My building has it. People only use it to passively aggressively complain about picking up after dogs or people parking in the wrong spot.

geez, worse than Facebook. it was bad enough knowing what my jr high friends were having for dinner and who they were voting for. Fuck the idiot neighbors having message board to complain about the minutiae of the yards and everyone's comings and goings

Time to find better neighbors. My neighborhood message board gets used to plan cookouts, setup guys' nights, relay information from the city/police, announce community events, sell/trade things you no longer need, etc.

I was just surmising. I'm not on that shit.

but you are right. My neighbors are pretty much a bunch of old farts

Last edited:
Back