• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This just in: the war on pot is incredibly racist and expensive

Yeah in sunshine and rainbow world we just have minorities stop using marijuana, just like we won't teach sex education and instead we will just teach abstinence and watch all sex just stop. Instead in the real world step one should be making criminal punishment equal across races, then move to stopping drug use in minorities and gasp whites (because they use it even more). How quickly will marijuana become legal if white arrests shot up 18 times what they were now to become 1 to 1 to blacks.

When one group does a crime much more often than another group both by percentage of that group and by raw numbers, yet several times as many people in the smaller group go to jail, unfairness and racism is the logical reason.

Probably is racism but also could be the powerful abusing the weak in order to appear to be doing something useful.

Which is more difficult to arrest: a black youth in a poor community or a white collar executive? The racial issue may be less of a factor than the weak and defenseless factor. Arrest rates for drugs are about numbers. Pad the numbers the easiest way possible by arresting the weak...kind of like playing Presbyterian in football.

Im pretty certain Jesus was all aboard with some marijuana. I mean all the signs point to rampant marijuana use. 1. Long unwashed hair, definitely would have rocked a crotched headband if they existed. 2. Wore the shit out of some hemp sandals. 3. Had a bunch of followers, why because he was smoking the best stuff. 4. Everyone was always gathering around in circles to "listen" 5. Miracles, i.e healing the blind man, it was 2,000 years ago blind man had glaucoma, what helps glaucoma ohhh thats right marijuana.

Probably is racism but also could be the powerful abusing the weak in order to appear to be doing something useful.

Which is more difficult to arrest: a black youth in a poor community or a white collar executive? The racial issue may be less of a factor than the weak and defenseless factor. Arrest rates for drugs are about numbers. Pad the numbers the easiest way possible by arresting the weak...kind of like playing Presbyterian in football.

Or making the easy arrest. Much easier to arrest a black kid smoking on the corner out in public. Someone needs to teach them the value of discretion.

That's an example of institutional discrimination.

Last edited:
Compassion, benevolence, friendship, love, practical support and counsel...most of all the Gospel.

What are you doing to reach black people who would otherwise be smoking weed with the Gospel?

What are you doing to reach black people who would otherwise be smoking weed with the Gospel?

I have to go; but without getting into details...trying to help them domestically and materially. Wanting to build relationships with them if possible.

Maybe they smoke weed because your sermons are too fucking boring otherwise.

newsflash: that is arbitrary and racist

Most blacks living in poorer communities or inner cities have to face the reality of a constant police presence in their neighborhood that most whites living in suburbs do not. Police constantly troll the streets in these neighborhoods. They set up sting operations and routinely conduct pat down searches of suspicious citizens.

Whites living in the suburbs rarely, if ever, have to experience the police in such a manner.

I think this is probably the main reason why blacks get arrested at a greater percentage than whites.

I understand that. And that is wrong. But the deeper issue is that there is a serious drug problem in too many minority communities. Correcting the enforcement problem is right; but it will not solve the real problem that exists.

Is it possible that some want the problem resolved by legalizing pot so they can use without jeopardy and they could not care less about minorities? Is that possible?

Dude that is just silly. Do you know how easy it is to buy pot? The entire other side of the coin here is white people can do it without jeopardy.

Most blacks living in poorer communities or inner cities have to face the reality of a constant police presence in their neighborhood that most whites living in suburbs do not. Police constantly troll the streets in these neighborhoods. They set up sting operations and routinely conduct pat down searches of suspicious citizens.

Whites living in the suburbs rarely, if ever, have to experience the police in such a manner.

I think this is probably the main reason why blacks get arrested at a greater percentage than whites.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Les Grossman again."

Is it fair? I don't know, but it's the world we live it. Straighten up, fly right, and overcome.

ETA--Oh, and we should legalize pot yesterday.

Last edited:
Weed arrests are usually in conjunction with some other arrest. Since blacks are disproportionately busted, it stands to reason that they'd be disproportionately busted for shit like weed. 3 black guys in a car that gets pulled over and you can pretty much guarantee one of them is going to be busted for weed.

Did it also say ELC is an idiot? Holy shit that post.

"Is it fair? I don't know, but it's the world we live it. Straighten up, fly right, and overcome."

#equalopportunity

Weed arrests are usually in conjunction with some other arrest. Since blacks are disproportionately busted, it stands to reason that they'd be disproportionately busted for shit like weed. 3 black guys in a car that gets pulled over and you can pretty much guarantee one of them is going to be busted for weed.

MAGA

Back