• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

We seem like the clear choice of his top five, especially with Shelton feeding him the ball. Let's not F it up with a bunch of negativity. Rock on!

RAH RAH REE! I'M HERE FOR POSITIVITY!
RAH RAH RASS! BUZZ IS STILL AN ASS...tromical assistance to our program. Allegedly.

So much for not F ing it up with negativity.

Any chance we cover up the billboard when he visits?

Saw him play several times. Out of shape, lack of intensity, and consistently outplayed by inferior talent.

Excellent. We will definitely sign him then.

We seem like the clear choice of his top five, especially with Shelton feeding him the ball. Let's not F it up with a bunch of negativity. Rock on!

do we really? what makes you say that?

Since Bzz can't close the deal we need to create a fantasy team of kids who supposedly put us in their top five at some point. That team might make the dance once in a while.

Haas looks like Michael Doleac to me. He's going to have to be money with short jumpers and hooks. He's a bit lead footed. I mean, Doleac played in the NBA for years and was the anchor of a top 4 Utah team for two or three years so I don't mean that disparagingly, but he doesn't have a sexy game.

I guess I should have said, 'mechanical'

Is he really 7'2"? He doesn't look freakishly tall on a high school basketball court

Telep on MFD:

Searching for Matthew Fisher-Davis

Early pool games at AAU events can typically get ugly. Some of the games are extreme blowouts, but nonetheless you get a chance to see good players in action. For me, it was time to lay eyes on Charlotte Nets sleeper Matthew Fisher-Davis (Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Christian). During the high school season, the 2014 shooting guard was a blip on the radar, if that. Following his performance at the Peach State two weeks ago, he’s a wanted man. Why?

It’s simple: Fisher-Davis is a skilled perimeter player and the jump shot is money. Now here’s where things get fun. MFD attends the same high school that produced Steph and Seth Curry, a pair of decent shooters. Fisher-Davis has pieces of their skilled shooting (the step back and the confidence to let it fly) in his game. Oh, and did I mention that he’s currently dating Steph and Seth’s sister? Seriously, the kid has real ties to the Currys.

At Peach State, Fisher-Davis took the court against Team Thad, which features Florida-bound point guard Chris Chiozza (Memphis, Tenn./White Station) and ESPN 100 power forward Leron Black (Memphis, Tenn./White Station). The crowd of coaches was thick for that one and it worked to his advantage.

The guy with a handful of low-major offers in early July was suddenly fielding calls from the big boys. Virginia offered. So did Wake Forest, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. People are here in Orlando specifically to try and figure him out. Don’t bother. It’s simple: He’s an excellent shooter and skilled perimeter player. In an era in which good shooting is way too difficult to find, he brings that skill.

Saw him play several times. Out of shape, lack of intensity, and consistently outplayed by inferior talent.

Should fit in well in Raleigh.

I think Fischer-Davis will actually be a good player, odds are we won't get him since that's the case.

I think Fischer-Davis will actually be a good player, odds are we won't get him since that's the case.

I just hope that we land a combination Johnson, Mitchell, or Fisher-Davis and Quadri Moore or Isaac Haas. I wouldn't mind adding a guy like O'Mara to that group, either. We can sit here and gripe about whether or not our top prospects are sexy, but at the end of the day, we just badly need ACC-caliber talent. More so than in [Redacted]'s past recruiting classes, the 2014 guys we're targeting all look like they'll be able to contribute right away.

Let's just hope the staff can avoid what happened in 2013 and score some commitments.

Zach Fleer ‏@ZachFleerSP 2h
Just interviewed Boo Williams guard Robert Johnson. Listed Villanova, Wake Forest, Indiana, North Carolina, and Marquette as his top schools

Future150.com ‏@Future150 17h
Cincinnati, Ole Miss, and Wake Forest just a few schools with coaches here to watch 2014 guard Devin Mitchell. Over 30 offers for him.

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram 20h
Robert Johnson efficient in this one. Has coaches from Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, FSU, Indiana, Georgetown and more

Last edited:
That's a nice list for Bob Johnson. Some great coaches after him.. Jay Wright, Roy Williams, Tom Crean, Buzz Williams, and of course Jeffery [Redacted].

Back