• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

Ehh, I thought we had no shot at Mitchell given the shit-storm that is our program. I was pleasantly surprised then so I'll hold on to a small speck of optimism for Johnson and this class

I wasn't referencing any recruit in general, only that Schwabber perfectly summed up the mentality that allows him to support [Redacted]. Rather than the Prosser/Gaudio belief that a kid could come to Wake, get a great education and be the best, we now have the [Redacted] loser's mentality that you come to Wake, get a great education and play against the best. It's not surprising, [Redacted] probably still doesn't know how he ended up with such a great job...he's just glad to be coaching against the best.

Cutting his list down to 10? Oh, the suspense!

Marcus Paige is a 6 foot PG. Nate Britt is a 6 foot 1 PG who has tumbled down the rankings out of the T100. Joel Berry is a 6 foot PG that Roy recruited over Britt because of his tumble down the rankings after his commitment. Theo Pinson is more of a slashing SF type not known for having three point range.

Robert Johnson is a knock down three point shooting SG filling in a big gap after Hairston's departure. Do not see any of those other guys threatening his PT.

I didn't take this into consideration, either...

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 29 Jul

No surprise after the Hairston suspension that UNC would offer shooter Robert Johnson. Can't go into a fight without shooters.

That confuses me though. Hairston would probably declare after this year anyway. Johnson won't be here until '14. There would seemingly be no overlap.

lol we didn't even make the final 7

My final 7 are (in no specific order) : Pittsburgh, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana, Florida State, Miami and Georgetown. Special thanks to my parents and family for all the support.

This is how I picture the BzzOut crowd:

images

Hard to expect recruits to commit to Wake Forest if there is any doubt who Wake's coach will be in the future.

Maybe it is time for Ron to give Buzz a contract extension so that he can reassure the recruits that he will be at Wake going forward.

An extension won't help as the program and the AD suck. We won't be competitive on the recruiting trail recruits are optimistic about our situation. The only solution is termination and that won't happen until the Spring so we hopefully piece the program with late signees and 5th year transfers.

not even the top 7...UNC - cheaters have only been on him for a few hours

Back