• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

You get wide open looks because they're daring you to shoot. A SG who can't shoot allows his defender to sag into the lane to help on the post player and clog the lane for the PG. A SG legit to 25 feet opens up a ton of space.

TITSWF -- you should listen to Schwabber here. He has been pretty spot on about everything Wake Forest basketball recently. Dude clearly knows what he is talking about and isn't just a mindless shill.

Thanks for the heavy analysis DV7.

Is anyone that has ever dribbled a basketball going to argue that a shooter is more important than a great PG or post threat? The latter two make an average shooter a great shooter. I'll take CP3 or TD over Allan Houston, Ray Allen or Seth Curry any day (despite Ray Allen's dagger in the finals).

I just updated the front page, but here's what our 2014 basketball recruiting looks like post-Robert Johnson.

Mitchell, Moore, Haas, and Fischer-Davis seem to be the guys we're most interested in at the moment.

Looking at that list, which of them do folks on here think we have a good chance of getting?

I mean I would take CP3 or TD over Allan Houston, but I would also take Seth Curry, Reggie Miller, and Ray Allen over Mike Conley or Tyreke Evans.

Is anyone that has ever dribbled a basketball going to argue that a shooter is more important than a great PG or post threat? The latter two make an average shooter a great shooter. I'll take CP3 or TD over Allan Houston, Ray Allen or Seth Curry any day (despite Ray Allen's dagger in the finals).

Didn't say a SG was more important than a PG. Just said it makes the PGs job a lot harder when you have no shooters. Bz has struck out on signing a quality SG every year. And his best 'recruit' in the position at this point is a one and done at Wake.

Eh? I'm on your side.

You are super smart.

If he doesn't want to play with Shelton, his loss. No worries.
Lol, if he chooses UNC, he'll be playing with Marcus Paige, who is better than Shelton will be. So no, I wouldn't say it's his loss.

Johnson to cut his list down today.

R.I.P. YA ‏@robjohnson4_ 1m
I will be cutting my list today in my blog for Adam Zagoria. Check it out at http://ZagsBlog.com

My name is Rob Johnson. I’m a regular kid with a gift from Richmond, VA, and this is my blog. This summer has been crazy for me. I can’t thank God enough. I’ve been all across the U.S., received endless amounts of gear and managed to pull in some very good college options.

Probably allowable stuff from playing in tournaments.

I like how he presents himself.

The women's basketball team just landed the #25 overall player for the 2015 class in Ariel Stephenson. That's pretty good.

I've seen Schwabber play, so I'd listen to him. Dude knows hoops. Never lost on his home driveway court. EVER.

I'm not sure but I think Stephenson committed under Coach P and then opened it back up when he went to NT. Looking back into that now.

Back