• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

Nothing can be clearer than what I said:

"If we sign either Mitchell or Johnson, the other is not a miss as wouldn't want the other at that time."

Only an idiot hater could be as blind as Stan was in the quote Nero showed.

I SPECIFICALLY used BOTH Johnson and Mitchell's names in the sentence AND gave a reason for it.

To say that I didn't or that I was talking about anyone else in that statement is ignorance, hatred and willful lying on a level that any sane person could see.

1) Johnson has a committable offer so shut the fuck up

2) the topic was counting the Martin twins as a miss and you used the Johnson situation to make an invalid point.

You did get something right though, I do hate you.

A 7', 270 center who can play would be a dream come true.

Future150.com ‏@Future150 28 Jun

Wake Forest has inquired about 2016 SF Robert Baker of The Walker School (GA). The 6'7" forward plays AAU ball with the Georgia Fury.

MOAR WINGS!1!!!!1!!

remember when this youtube used to get us excited

We already had Moto and Roundtree and then signed McClinton so don't think we were really pushing for the twins at that point. As long as we can get a decent shooting guard, I'm glad we didn't. One will play and the other will sow seeds of discontent on the bench.

Sour grapes are sour grapes are sour grapes. Our staff offered them both scholarships to attend Wake Forest University and they declined. We did not retract their offers, so I guess our staff felt like - Moto, Rountree, and McClinton, aside - they were worth recruiting.

At the end of the day, Jeff [Redacted] still has neither recruited a big in 2014 nor a top-50 player ever in his career. Quibbles aside, that's the takeaway thus far in 2014-and-beyond recruiting.

Eyes on the prize, folks.

We must get a commit from a quality big man in class of 2014

You offer many, many more players than you can take. You can't call every play you offer and don't get a miss.

There has to be real interest from the other side. The most basic form of interest is a visit. If you don't get a visit. It's not a miss.

Similarly if you offer two people for the same scholarship and one says yes. The one we don't take isn't a miss.

That being said [Redacted] is the worst recruiter we've had in at least half a century.

It's inconceivable being in the ACC and having all the Deacs in the NBA that we can't get Top 40 players. There is no excuse for that.

Any offer made that is not accepted is a rejection of the offer and therefore a miss.

Absolute crap as we offer at least a dozen or more people than we can take.

There are people you know aren't going to get and others you are pretty will say no.

The clearest case of this is Johnson vs. Mitchell. We can only take one of them. The other is not a "miss".

Once were full up, those who accept didn't aren't "misses".

Shelton Mitchell and Leron Black are on the same team at the LeBron skills camp. Hopefully Black enjoys playing with our PG.

Absolute crap as we offer at least a dozen or more people than we can take.

There are people you know aren't going to get and others you are pretty will say no.

The clearest case of this is Johnson vs. Mitchell. We can only take one of them. The other is not a "miss".

Once were full up, those who accept didn't aren't "misses".

I know it's the cool thing to go against RJ, but he's absolutely correct on this one.

We missed on the Martin twins imo. I believe we were still recruiting them when they committed to NCSU.

Back