• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

A 7-0, 270 C who isn't a one and done is likely a project.

I found "The Season" WF Basketball while on YouTube watching this....damn, I miss being good.

Here's a random and not particularly insightful tweet about WF prospect Robert Johnson:

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 1m
Robert Johnson is always ready to score. Devin Robinson sure has a silky stroke for a 6-8 guy. #lbjskills

Robert Johnson turning heads again at the LBJ camp. He is sounding better and better.

Standouts @LBJSkills: Tyler Ulis (penetrator), Lourawls Nairns (strong/quick), Robert Johnson (most productive), D'Angelo Russell(playmaker)

ETA: KidA beat me to it

Biancardi: Robert Johnson keeps improving and producing.Play with confidence and poise. Makes 3's and assist all w/ good size. Stock continues to rise

Let's get him to sign.

Last edited:
Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 1m
Shelton Mitchell, unassuming in his manner, has had a solid camp. Sneaky finishes and passes led to buckets.

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep 1m
Robert Johnson shot it well here. Still think he could find himself getting interest as PG too. He's been good here.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX 1m
@EvanDanielsFOX: Rob Johnson has 7 threes this game. Made his way into top 100 after NBPA camp. Cementing his position now.

http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1521649

"Mitchell added Wake is a place he can imagine himself at for the next four years.

"Wake Forest was nice," Mitchell said. "It's a lot smaller than I thought it was. I thought a lot more people went there than what they told me. The campus was really nice. I didn't know it was that nice, a lot of historic buildings and a lot of history that goes into Wake Forest that I didn't know about, so that was new. The Joel was amazing. That was a big gym to play in. They say they sell out that gym a lot, so that looks fun to play in and the practice facility was great [and the] locker rooms were great. It was fun."

"I'm more of an expressive person, so a campus with not that many people gives you a chance to kind of know everybody and build relationships. That was great."

Wake Forest's small campus and student body is appealing to Mitchell."

Sounds like Ron Wellman is in charge of the tour of LJVM. Article goes on to talk about him trimming current list of 28 offers to 8-10 in July so I wouldn't read too much in the above.

We are still recruiting James Palmer (2014 SG) 6'5 175.

http://wakeforest.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1522280

"Palmer said all schools are equal to him right now and that he is wide open.

Randolph Childress is recruiting Palmer for the Demon Deacons.

"He's a good coach," Palmer said. "I like talking to him off the court. He's a good to talk to."

Palmer has not visited Wake yet, but may make the trek to Winston-Salem in August.

The 6-foot-5, 175-pounder has played a significant in Team Takeover's (16-2) success."

We haven't sold out the Joel since [Redacted] arrived. I guess "a lot" is a relative term.

Robert Johnson sounds like is playing his way to much better offers than us. :(

Back