• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

I know this has been covered before but how are the lead recruiters determined? Do Battle and Childress handle the guards and Bz and Rusty the bigs?

RT @TheRecruitScoop: Wake Forest has offered 2014 SG Khadeen Carrington of New York Lightning.

I hope we're not preparing ourselves for the Miles Overton of the class of 2014. No offense to Miles, who I hope has a long and productive career in front of him, but we're Wake Forest. We should be able to secure commitments from first or second options... Damn you, Buzz.

Khadeen Carrington
6'3, 180lbs SG

ESPN - 4-star
Rivals - 3-star
Scout - 2-star

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=7477

ESPN LeBron James Skills recap:

2. Breakout performers

Robert Johnson (Richmond, Va./Benedictine Prep), 2014, PG/SG: Johnson has been incredibly steady and productive all spring, and that was especially true at camp. What makes Johnson special is his ability to make shots combined with his vision of the entire floor to make the assist. We are going to keep an eye on him the rest of the summer.

Bz has already coached two "break in" performers.

"Jeff Battle is Johnson's primary recruiter for the Demon Deacons, while [Redacted] also stays in regular contact with the Commonwealth product."

2015 Brandon Ingram stays in close contact with Rusty.

"Randolph Childress is recruiting (James) Palmer for the Demon Deacons."
"He's a good coach," Palmer said. "I like talking to him off the court. He's a good to talk to."

Quotes come from various Rivals articles. I believe Shelton Mitchell is the primary recruiter for Leron Black.

Rob Johnson hit the game winner in the Peach Jam today with our staff watching. He's going to be top 60ish I think. Has to be top priority.

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram 4m
Gary Clark says his top 4 are Clemson, Miami, Cincinnati and Wake Forest. Will decide in September or October #PeachJam

But the "insiders" said we weren't recruiting him anymore!

Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram 4m
Gary Clark says his top 4 are Clemson, Miami, Cincinnati and Wake Forest. Will decide in September or October #PeachJam

But the "insiders" said we weren't recruiting him anymore!

That quote doesn't necessarily mean we're recruiting him, does it? Kids seem to continue to list schools all the time even when they know they won't be going there.

Back