• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Question for people who keep using terms like "disaster" for the ACA. What does that look like? People get health care but costs are too high? People everywhere try to get health care but can't? Hospitals have lines running out the door with 24 hour wait-lists? Death panels for Grandma?

I don't think the ACA has it all figured out by any means, but I have such a disconnect with the doomsday talk folks.

I think it will get people covered. It will help pay for coverage but not lower the real costs of coverage.

I think it will break the budget based on how its structured. Medicare is widely popular and covers a lot of people. Its very fiscally problematic though.

I dont believe in death panels, killing grandma etc. I just think it will cost a whole lot more that we think and the evidence to date doesn't encourage me.

"Hard to say. We found virtual none of our customers or prospects were able to get onto the FFE. Heck, most of them couldn't even register. These were the same issues we saw in test when just a small handful of people were hitting it. I don't know what the volumes to the FFE were today BUT Im suspect todays issues were volume related. I suspect there are a lot more issues."

NONE -that is such crap. NONE-that's totally unbelievable.

MILLIONS of people across the country got onto the site today, but NONE of your people did.

Do you really think everyone here is that gullible?

I'll stick with what I saw firsthand today. No agenda here.

We took several thousand calls today. We didn't hear of 1 that made it in. Not sure what else I can say.

We hope to get some tonight. I'll see what we get.

Last edited:
Dreaded double post...

Last edited:
2,000,000 ACA website visits from NY state alone today.....

No surprise. NY is one of the states where rates are going to decline because their own state laws, which were horrible, are trumped by less horrible Obamacare laws. It's like going from a fist up your ass to just a thumb. Sure, it's great compared to what was.

Which costs? Serious question. People are paying for the insurance, and we're already paying for the uninsured to get treatment in ER's and hospitals. Is it just the subsidies you think will add up? Because there's a lot of revenue.

Undersupply of health care and boomer Medicare are problems regardless of whether we insure the uninsured or not, aren't they? Does the ACA prevent continued efforts to help correct those problems?

Health costs will keep going up and driving premiums which will drive bigger subsidies. I expect many employers to eventually dump their employees on exchanges further pushing up subsidies.

The revenue covers expense only in the gamed CBO fantasy land. A bunch of revenue already vanished with the long term care piece. Now both parties are talking about repealing med device tax. This will continue to happen as lobbyists get their teeth in it.

There are some good things about the law but it will be vastly more expensive 15 years out than anyone imagined. If it lasts that long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I'll stick with what I saw firsthand today. No agenda here.

Well, as of 1:00 today, we had no traffic on our redirects for payments. As Im sure you know, the FFE won't collect payment which is required for enrollment. They redirect people to carrier sites to pay. None as of 1:00. I will rerun the report tonight.

We took several thousand calls today. We didn't hear of 1 that made it in. Not sure what else I can say.

We hope to get some 834s tonight. We suspect there may not be any. I'll see what we get.

BS that you don't have an agenda and total BS that NONE of your people got on.

It's totally unbelievable that MILLIONS of people across the country but but ZERO of yours did? Was is ZERO out of two?

Health costs will keep going up and driving premiums which will drive bigger subsidies. I expect many employers to eventually dump their employees on exchanges further pushing up subsidies.

The revenue covers expense only in the gamed CBO fantasy land. A bunch of revenue already vanished with the long term care piece. Now both parties are talking about repealing med device tax. This will continue to happen as lobbyists get their teeth in it.

There are some good things about the law but it will be vastly more expensive 15 years out than anyone imagined. If it lasts that long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Moreover, if the law didn't cost anything, we wouldn't be having the government shutdown.

BS that you don't have an agenda and total BS that NONE of your people got on.

It's totally unbelievable that MILLIONS of people across the country but but ZERO of yours did? Was is ZERO out of two?

The jig is up! Im secretly advancing the agenda of the insurance industry by posting my professional experiences on a Wake sports board! Man, you are good...And you know a lot about about reform. Hats off man. Hats off.

Last edited:
When you post that ZERO of your customers got onto the site versus millions of Americans who did (including several on this board), either you have an agenda or you think you can scam people here.

It's totally unbelievable. In the past twenty minutes, I got on four times, in four different states and with all different eligibility requirements.

To think NONE of your customers got on is ludicrous. To defend this outrageous statement is even wilder.

When you post that ZERO of your customers got onto the site versus millions of Americans who did (including several on this board), either you have an agenda or you think you can scam people here.

It's totally unbelievable. In the past twenty minutes, I got on four times, in four different states and with all different eligibility requirements.

To think NONE of your customers got on is ludicrous. To defend this outrageous statement is even wilder.

I took your advice, went to HC.gov and got this...Been on this page for a while...

Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait
We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

I suspect the idea is to first get our system to be more unified, then delivery reform and cost savings and quality incentives can be better implemented and then over time this should slow the growth of costs overall.

It's a reasonable idea.

I took your advice, went to HC.gov and got this...Been on this page for a while...

Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait
We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

What a shock!

I think it's a bit early to draw any conclusions about the exchange sites. I tried four states - Virginia (x3), NY, CA and NC.
NY and CA were no problem, but they have their own sites. VA and NC use the federal site and I had no luck there. I live in VA so I gave myself ten minutes to get in w/o success.

The difficulty with the federal site could be volume and/or poor design. I assume we will know more about the reasons in a few days or weeks. I'm willing to wait before making any judgement.

Just got a letter from Blue Cross that my insurance is going to go up from $80/month to $240/mo starting in January. I'll obviously be dropping them and telling them to go fuck off, but still what about that seems right. I'm 27 year old with nothing more than a sinus infection in my past history, who doesn't smoke and maybe goes to the doctor once a year.

Where are those death panels again? Because if you're over 80 its time to die. I'm not paying for you to live 15 years longer than your God intended.

Back