• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

19430158_10100786647788393_2261842916890061693_n.jpg

Keep waiting for Thom Tillis to be mentioned among the senators who have "concerns" about the bill, but not a peep from the alleged "moderate."

Now that the vote has been delayed, several other senators announcing that they didn't support the bill. So much courage!

Or cut spending. On things like subsidized healthcare.

Or stop building roads, funding pensions, paying state cops.

What that silly document doesn't show is that CA's budget is balanced. Of course there will be school bonds and roads bonds, doing that is the fiscally responsible thing to do.

Or stop building roads, funding pensions, paying state cops.

What that silly document doesn't show is that CA's budget is balanced. Of course there will be school bonds and roads bonds, doing that is the fiscally responsible thing to do.

We were running $20 billion dollar deficits, now we get a $17 billion dollar subsidy for medical, and now we're balanced.

I found a prior version of this and yes, it represents the # of people that lose coverage. Here's the data from March:

https://www.americanprogress.org/is...a-repeal-bill-congressional-districts-states/

Its interesting as NC is a top 5 ACA state in terms of enrollment (despite being virtually a one carrier state). Enrollment is about 600,000 all in. The math here looks goofy and Im sure includes future projections though i'm not sure how much more enrollment will grow given increasing prices.

NC will be hit hard for sure, I just don't fully buy the #s here. Pre ACA the market was ~400k. I think wed see market closer to 300k -
400k after all this. We also didn't see a meaningful in increase in large group based coverage in NC so not sure I buy the employer mandate going away will drive much movement.

Last edited:
maybe not give a tax cut to the top 1%. this strategy has never worked and is a waste of money.

Every 50-64 year old person in America has "access" to owning a Maybach. That doesn't mean they can own one. Saying people will have "access" under this bill is an intentionally cruel joke on tens of millions of Americans the GOP is playing just to give their richest donors a huge tax cut.

If there is a penny of tax cuts to anyone in the Top 10% in the "health care bill", anyone who votes for it should be put out of office in 2018.

Suffolk/USA Today poll has support for the bill at 12%.

Amazing. If the goal was "write a bill that has less support" it would be tough to do.

Back