• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

I think its reasonable to expect judges to write their own opinions, that's what they were elected to do

I don't know if you are trolling or not, but if judges wrote their own opinions, in addition to everything else that they do, then courts would be clogged up to an absolutely absurd extent. I'll let Numbers address other fallouts of this.

Either way more judges would have to be elected, or something else would have to drastically change for this to even be remotely feasible given the sheer number of cases there are. The amount of tax money wasted for judges to do this would be astronomical as well, which, you know, kind of defeats what most Republicans look for in government.

I agree that people could learn from Holmes' brevity (actually just finished reading The Most Powerful Dissent in American History - pretty solid book about Holmes and free speech). I also agree that the dockets are stacked and courts are overworked and understaffed.

Maybe if the poors would stop suing their bosses over not having healthcare or getting paid overtime or over there not being equal pay for 8 billion and counting protective classes the judges would have time to do their jobs how they should

Maybe if the poors would stop suing their bosses over not having healthcare or getting paid overtime or over there not being equal pay for 8 billion and counting protective classes the judges would have time to do their jobs how they should

Ok, so you're trolling. Good, glad you don't really believe what you posted before because it was dumb.

I don't know if you are trolling or not, but if judges wrote their own opinions, in addition to everything else that they do, then courts would be clogged up to an absolutely absurd extent. I'll let Numbers address other fallouts of this.

Either way more judges would have to be elected, or something else would have to drastically change for this to even be remotely feasible given the sheer number of cases there are. The amount of tax money wasted for judges to do this would be astronomical as well, which, you know, kind of defeats what most Republicans look for in government.

If you don't know if he's trolling, never play poker or gamble in any way with him.

Stupid poors should print more money.

The worlds most intellectual folks of their time thought Isaac Newton was trolling too

Can't seem to post the video from iPad for some reason...Jimmy Kimmel vs BS bill round 3.

Oh, just realized we have to make everyone's coverage worse because of this cadillac tax. Thanks, Obamacare.

How could a judge possibly be expected to write every decision that comes across the bench?

Even working 90 hours a week I can't imagine this is possible. Particularly trial court judges where they spend half their day presiding over trials and at least two or three days a week in afternoon motion sessions.

Even with a good session clerk who handles all the administrative stuff and procedural filings as a matter of course there's just no way this could happen.

That's because most trial court judges suck at controlling their calendar. The vast majority of cases aren't legally complicated and pose zero new issues of law requiring an opinion, they are simply factual disputes. If judges would sack up and control their courtroom as opposed to letting the lawyers control it, then they could streamline the process significantly. No continuances, no extensions of time for discovery, and if you aren't ready to roll the first time your case is called then it gets dismissed; if you're not ready to try it at the next session then don't file it. If you make a Motion or defend a Motion and don't have an Order ready to be signed with you at the motion hearing (or able to be printed before said hearing session is over), you lose. If you move to substitute counsel, you lose. Cut through the bullshit and force lawyers to waste their own time on questionable cases, which will begin to reduce the number of them.

Back