• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Looks like he’s making the rounds. I think I posted an op-ed by him a few weeks ago.

Can we also talk about the awesome plan he was going to implement that would cut costs and provide unbelievable care? He was holding out on us on the exact plan until after the 2016 election but I think he can spills the beans now.

I remember the ACA mandate being one of the very first things that shifted me from liberalism towards radicalism. At the time my dad was looking for a plan on the NC marketplace and the monthly costs were outrageous, he made like 400 dollars yearly over the limit to quality for credits, NC Republicans were (still are) refusing to expand Medicaid, and the mandate was threatening to make him pay a penalty for not being able to afford a plan.

I’m not sure we can say the mandate never mattered. I didn’t see enough in that article to say the mandate didn’t help get people enrolled initially.

The mandate also gave opposition something to attack and largely kept them away from the other two legs.

It makes sense the mandate doesn’t matter after ACA is already established.

Chuck Schumer used some rule to force a vote on a Dem bill guaranteeing protection for people with pre-existing conditions, so McConnell & Tillis pushed their own bullshit Republican version of the Pre-existing conditions bill with watered down language, to give themselves cover for not supporting the Democrat bill

Chuck Schumer used some rule to force a vote on a Dem bill guaranteeing protection for people with pre-existing conditions, so McConnell & Tillis pushed their own bullshit Republican version of the Pre-existing conditions bill with watered down language, to give themselves cover for not supporting the Democrat bill

Oh yeah, I know Republicans don't actually want to protect anything, laughing more at Cruz's block of his colleague's PR stunt in a tough election year.

Back