• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Ch,
That is what CCNC is doing in this state and we were told this is not working by the administration when actually it seems to be working quite well.

Ch,
That is what CCNC is doing in this state and we were told this is not working by the administration when actually it seems to be working quite well.

I dont know much about CCNC. I do hear they do good work in the trenches. Still looking for innovation here.

Well the one innovation being proposed by managed care in Dentistry is minimally invasive dentistry, that means doing nothing until something hurts. Sorta like going back to the 1930's. Not sure I trust the managed care industry to innovate when it comes to your health care. Their innovations are designed to keep more money in their pockets as opposed to providing care to patients. Do some study on CCNC, from the Medical side it seems that people have studied what they are doing from accross the country and give it very high marks.

Well the one innovation being proposed by managed care in Dentistry is minimally invasive dentistry, that means doing nothing until something hurts. Sorta like going back to the 1930's. Not sure I trust the managed care industry to innovate when it comes to your health care. Their innovations are designed to keep more money in their pockets as opposed to providing care to patients. Do some study on CCNC, from the Medical side it seems that people have studied what they are doing from accross the country and give it very high marks.

So instead of simply filling a cavity, you wait until it hurts and you either pull the tooth or get a root canal? That seems bassackwards to me.

Which is a whole different issue than the issue of what insurance a 24 year old needs.

I'm flattered that you chose my post to quote out of so many entertaining ones.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/w...ministration-settles-on-a-definition/?print=1

"When the Obama administration releases health law enrollment figures later this week, though, it will use a more expansive definition. It will count people who have purchased a plan as well as those who have a plan sitting in their online shopping cart but have not yet paid."

lol...it would suck to be in charge of spinning this.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/w...ministration-settles-on-a-definition/?print=1

"When the Obama administration releases health law enrollment figures later this week, though, it will use a more expansive definition. It will count people who have purchased a plan as well as those who have a plan sitting in their online shopping cart but have not yet paid."

lol...it would suck to be in charge of spinning this.

I know a guy who can help with those numbers.

9212017.jpeg

Which is a whole different issue than the issue of what insurance a 24 year old needs.

I'm flattered that you chose my post to quote out of so many entertaining ones.

Glad you find your ability to post something dumb so flattering. I'm not surprised. Please do tell us all what insurance a 24 year old "needs". I'm sure this will be highly enlightening.

Here's a great article on the roll out. Pretty comical. But some of you would like to believe this should be pinned on anyone but the architects of this great plan.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-05/obamacare-shouldn-t-have-been-managed-like-a-campaign.html

FWIW, the poster here who has proclaimed our healthcare problem is a supply and demand issue nailed it. And this law does NOTHING to address that fundamental problem.

DeacMan, it seems like your issue is with jhmd's post that I responded to with the post you thought was so funny.

A catastrophic policy when you're 24 and strong as an ox isn't crappy, it's the one you need.

Have him enlighten you on what insurance a 24 year old needs.

DeacMan, it seems like your issue is with jhmd's post that I responded to with the post you thought was so funny.

Have him enlighten you on what insurance a 24 year old needs.

Most 24 year old men don't need maternity coverage, but that's just an opinion. But I'm not presumptuous enough to pass a law telling them what they need. I trust them to make that choice.

Glad you find your ability to post something dumb so flattering. I'm not surprised. Please do tell us all what insurance a 24 year old "needs". I'm sure this will be highly enlightening.

Here's a great article on the roll out. Pretty comical. But some of you would like to believe this should be pinned on anyone but the architects of this great plan.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-05/obamacare-shouldn-t-have-been-managed-like-a-campaign.html

FWIW, the poster here who has proclaimed our healthcare problem is a supply and demand issue nailed it. And this law does NOTHING to address that fundamental problem.

That guy is a genius.

Most 24 year old men don't need maternity coverage, but that's just an opinion. But I'm not presumptuous enough to pass a law telling them what they need. I trust them to make that choice.

Ah. This is where jhmd changes the argument in order to make a point that nobody was arguing about.

I look forward to hearing about the death panels you will use to control demand for health care.

Ah. This is where jhmd changes the argument in order to make a point that nobody was arguing about.

Not one bit, Professor. You asked me a specific question (post #1152), I gave you the answer you weren't prepared for and for which you have no response (#1153).

EVERYONE knows that, contrary to repeated assurances, this law takes away choice (the point of #1153). You have no answer for that charge, so we get post #1155. SS,DD.

Last edited:
Back