• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/14/news/economy/obamacare-insurance/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

How on earth do you implement this? So many policies have already been cancelled. As one commenter in this article puts it, this is like trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube. I can't imagine insurers are prepared to turn these plans back on. Doesn't look like they're being forced to, so I wonder if this really changes anything or is just a half-assed attempt to save face.

I thought he seemed pretty sincere in wanting to fix the problem for ONE year. But it probably won't change very much given the insurers all adjusted their business models for the new law. It will be interesting to see the reaction over the next few days.

I suspect the goal/idea over time is to corral more and more people into the exchanges. Even employed people.

How does a law get enacted and then the President just gets to say "oops, don't worry about that part of it"? WTF? Add this to the list with Chrysler, immigration, surveilance, etc. And who gets the privilege of paying for the administrative costs of this "do-over" by the insurers for those who choose to do it? Are those costs coming out of said grand poobah's pocket for his mistake that everyone saw coming when the law was enacted?

I also loved his "I didn't know the website didn't work." It's your plan with your fucking name on it and you are supposed to be the leader of the greatest country in the world, douchebag, grow some balls and own it. I'm surprised he didn't blame its failures on the website having to run on a Tuesday or Daniel Green's injury. It amazes me more and more every day that we elected this assclown to this position, not once but twice.

How does a law get enacted and then the President just gets to say "oops, don't worry about that part of it"? WTF? Add this to the list with Chrysler, immigration, surveilance, etc. And who gets the privilege of paying for the administrative costs of this "do-over" by the insurers for those who choose to do it? Are those costs coming out of said grand poobah's pocket for his mistake that everyone saw coming when the law was enacted?

I also loved his "I didn't know the website didn't work." It's your plan with your fucking name on it and you are supposed to be the leader of the greatest country in the world, douchebag, grow some balls and own it. I'm surprised he didn't blame its failures on the website having to run on a Tuesday or Daniel Green's injury. It amazes me more and more every day that we elected this assclown to this position, not once but twice.

Mitt's family looked rich and snobby, do not want.

Facebook friend pointed out that in the same time period Obama has had to build a website, the US entered and won World War II.

Pretty damn good point.

Facebook friend pointed out that in the same time period Obama has had to build a website, the US entered and won World War II.

Pretty damn good point.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. He didn't build that.

I don't see many of these cancelled policies coming back. Why would they? There is nothing forcing the insurers to resurrect them, people still are going to be required by the law to buy insurance, why wouldn't the insurers just roll on with the new higher priced plans? Plus who knows how many state insurance commissioners will even cooperate.

Does anyone know the GOP plan (other than repeal)? Do they want to pass legislation forcing the insurers to resurrect the cancelled policies?

For what it is worth, just got my office's renewal for next year and the same number of employee's and same plan is going to cost 2700.00 less each quarter than last year. Essentially in line with the policy we could get on the exchange which indicated about 900.00 less per month. Go Obamacare!

For what it is worth, just got my office's renewal for next year and the same number of employee's and same plan is going to cost 2700.00 less each quarter than last year. Essentially in line with the policy we could get on the exchange which indicated about 900.00 less per month. Go Obamacare!

How big is your group? And what is your mix of old vs young and/or male vs female?

Not possible. Obamacare can only do turribul thangs to us all.

I don't see many of these cancelled policies coming back. Why would they? There is nothing forcing the insurers to resurrect them, people still are going to be required by the law to buy insurance, why wouldn't the insurers just roll on with the new higher priced plans? Plus who knows how many state insurance commissioners will even cooperate.

Does anyone know the GOP plan (other than repeal)? Do they want to pass legislation forcing the insurers to resurrect the cancelled policies?

I think the safe plan is just to sit back, do nothing, and watch Obama continue to step on his own dick. The shutdown is gone from everyone's mind, and they have the ultimate I Told You So card.

From the Dems perspective 2&2, that would be the best thing you can do because as things get fixed the noise will stop, as people find they can get a fairly good deal, the noise will stop. Repubs need to keep making noise, it is their only hope.

Small business, eight on plan, youngest32 oldest me at 62, average age 44, 1 male the rest female.

So you likely benefited from the 3-1 thing (assuming all other variables are equal between 2013 and 2014). If so, your costs were just shifted to other small businesses. BCBS noted small group rates would go up 18% next year on average, but a given group's impact would range from 40% decreases up to 280% increases. Congrats (I guess) on being in the former group.

Probably has a lot to do with what kind of plan you have, if you have a crap plan it will go up, our plan was good, not the highest but good benefits that all were happy with, now I am happy because I get a savings also.

Probably has a lot to do with what kind of plan you have, if you have a crap plan it will go up, our plan was good, not the highest but good benefits that all were happy with, now I am happy because I get a savings also.

Yeah. Clearly your result was better than the 18% average uptick.. might have been been your plan type... might have been your mix of participants..might have been both... :noidea:

From the Dems perspective 2&2, that would be the best thing you can do because as things get fixed the noise will stop, as people find they can get a fairly good deal, the noise will stop. Repubs need to keep making noise, it is their only hope.

Dude, there is an entirely new shoe that is going to drop over the course of the coming year - the EMPLOYER MANDATE. And that is a much bigger shoe. Everyone forgets those policies are also going to have to comply with a host of regulations and rules. This whole thing is going to get played out again next Fall. The flavor will be different in a variety of ways, but there will be big time fall out from that mandate coming on line.

Or they'll find that even when subsidies are factored in they are paying more than they used to pay as HHS has already admitted will be the case for many Americans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bsidies-Obama-administration-admits-time.html

Back