• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Two really good things IMHO. The surprise billing change will be bumpy to start as arbitration mechanics get settled. But hopefully gone are the surprise bills where docs charge 900% of Medicare (which we see regularly), ie they want to get paid 9x but Medicare would pay them. The Yahoo article really summarized the issue well, esp the role of private equity. Scum balls.

My prediction is that conservatives will go all in on HCSMs, and this will allow Democrats to go full bore in advocating for insurance companies. I give it five years.

John Oxendine, a lawyer who was elected four times as Georgia's insurance commissioner, responded to KHN's inquiries made to Jericho Share. He is facing federal charges of conspiracy to commit health care fraud that he said are unrelated to Jericho Share. He denied any wrongdoing. If Jericho Share memberships are being sold to consumers in misleading ways, "that's a good way for a broker to get fired," he said.

This point doesn't have anything to do with healthcare, but John Oxendine is responsible for the best campaign ad that can be made with $50 and Microsoft Powerpoint.

Pro-insurance in the face of much more obvious scams vs. universal health care definitely seems like the centrist position.

Pro-insurance in the face of much more obvious scams vs. universal health care definitely seems like the centrist position.

We are getting close to universal coverage as States like NC look to expand Medicaid and hopefully the ACA tax credits get expanded as they have been through the pandemic. The next debate will shift to costs (losing battle IMHO) and to how we remove disparities in health access and outcomes for those who are insured. Lots of interesting work and innovation in this space.

The anti prep shit is just ridiculous I’d imagine from a dollar output standpoint. Paying to prevent aids has to be cheaper than treating it

The anti prep shit is just ridiculous I’d imagine from a dollar output standpoint. Paying to prevent aids has to be cheaper than treating it

Makes sense if you believe that AIDS is Gods punishment for dudes fucking each other. (Scissoring is ok with the Lord, I assume.)

Back