• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I need a new lunch place for our vacation tradition... Emerald Isle area

Well, sadly (very sadly), we sold our Salter Path place and will be going to Ocean Isle this year.

Details on teh traffic thing?

Sharky's vs. Giggling Mack?

Arrive around noon or so on the day you check in. The traffic off the Island will be backed up, but getting on should be okay. Giggling Mackerel is way better than Sharky's. Do NOT arrive around 2:00-4:00 pm.

I've heard that Circle Pizza is good, but pricey. Flipper'z (in the K&V Plaza; turn off at the CVS) is okay...nothing outstanding. There's also an Andy's and a pizza place (Michaelangelo's) in the Plantation, as well.

Was at Circle S or whatever it's called. The food was ok at best. The service was atrocious. Stay far away.

A couple of suggestions that haven’t been mentioned:

Chowdaheads, good quality seafood, more of a takeout place though, portions aren’t huge but that's reflected in the price.
Sharks Den, relatively new sports bar in Emerald Plantation, lots of really neat options. Jalapeno shrimp dipper is good.
http://sharksdensportsbar.com/
Church Street Pub & Deli, cool Irish pub in Swansboro, they serve excellent sandwiches and have a good beer selection as well.

This weekend we tried out a new brew pub on Arendell in Morehead City called Tight Lines. The menu was really diverse and had a lot of interesting options, although I can't really rave about the items our group tried, and the prices were very reasonable. Best of all their selection of craft beer on tap was amazing with tons of NC beers. I hope it lasts long enough for me to give their food a second try.

Haven't tried Circle pizza, but did a direct comparison with Michaelangelos and Lazzara's. We all liked Lazzara's better. Not sure it delivers though.

Hit up Crab Shack, McCurdy's, Saltwater Grille, Cedars Inn, and Swans Burro (new place where Captain Charlie's used to be in Swansboro) this year.

I've not been here in 3 years. Holy crap this place has grown up. Spent the day on the boat on the Intercoastal. Not a bad way to spend a nice weekend.

If you're looking for a newish place to try, check out Gaffer's in EI. I've eaten there a few times the past few trips down that way and have really enjoyed it.

Back