• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Human caused global warming- True or False?

True or False?

• True

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • False

Votes: 23 33.8%

• Total voters
Get ready, Eggbert...it's time to "send in the clouds".

Nature is preparing to demonstrate exactly "what controls what and how much and when."

You got about 30 years of cooling temps coming your way...step up for the cold plate special.

Never change

+1 contributing vs. causing is a very import distinction
So is contributing significantly vs. contributing insignificantly. Science is pretty clearly moving towards the latter.

the best explanation for such accelerated changes to the natural cycles other than human induced climate change were changes in the sun....and frankly the sun does not change all that fast either...it's gonna take it another 7 billion years to get to the next appreciable stage in it's life.
The amount of energy change required to affect the TINY relative temperature change we're all talking about is in fact also small and well within the proven and historic natural solar fluctuations so I'm not sure what you are talking about. It will not take 7 bill years for the sun to change, it changes constantly. There is also a historical link between global temps and solar activity.

The global climate increases aren't accelerating, we haven't seen global temperature changes in roughly 12-15 years and ocean temps haven't changed in 10 (looks like some kind of lag). Solar output is also decreasing over time and some solar experts believe it will continue to decline causing serious global cooling.

Here, allow me to pat myself on the back. I first introduced you college dullards to Hans Svensmark.
I believe I was the first to bring him up years ago on the old Scout board, shortly after his cosmic ray theory was put out. That was the first theory to actually explain the problem in a way similar to how Linus Pauling described the cause of global temperature increases: caused mostly by solar increases but with a secondary driver that wasn't understood.

I believe I was the first to bring him up years ago on the old Scout board, shortly after his cosmic ray theory was put out. That was the first theory to actually explain the problem in a way similar to how Linus Pauling described the cause of global temperature increases: caused mostly by solar increases but with a secondary driver that wasn't understood.

The Sun's "waxing and waning" magnetic force is what drives the phenomena. As the Suns magnetism decreases more cosmic rays penetrate the atmosphere and the resulting interaction with aerosols leads to an increase in cloud formation worldwide. More clouds mean cooler temps.

It's a beautiful theory and it puts Science on the cusp of a whole new era of understanding/enlightenment of cosmic forces and the impact they have on our planet's environment.

The amount of energy change required to affect the TINY relative temperature change we're all talking about is in fact also small and well within the proven and historic natural solar fluctuations so I'm not sure what you are talking about. It will not take 7 bill years for the sun to change, it changes constantly. There is also a historical link between global temps and solar activity.

The global climate increases aren't accelerating, we haven't seen global temperature changes in roughly 12-15 years and ocean temps haven't changed in 10 (looks like some kind of lag). Solar output is also decreasing over time and some solar experts believe it will continue to decline causing serious global cooling.

This.

Back