• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whitewater rafting/cabins in western NC

siff

Scott "Rufio" Feather
Reaction score
We hope to go rafting this fall somewhere in western NC (or even TN or GA) and are looking for cabin rentals. Any suggestions? Grazie.

http://www.myusaraft.com/

We used these guys for rafting last summer. I'm no expert but I think the Nolichucky River has the best rapids of any river in this area. Not sure about cabin options. We live within easy driving distance. Not much in Erwin, TN. But there is a nice enough holiday inn (?) right off the interstate.

Any good rafting in Boone area on New or Watauga? If so which campanies are good to use?

Any good rafting in Boone area on New or Watauga? If so which campanies are good to use?
More tame canoeing and kayaking on those stretches tbh. If you wanna canoe I can definitely hook you up at the outfitters I work at. They raft the Watauga but there’s not much to it. For my money if you want fun whitewater I’d go through the the Wilson Creek Gorge on individual duckies.

I think the Ocoee is the best (especially if you don't count the Gauley as the SE). But for a really fun, short run, I love the Nolichucky.

we did the deschutes in oregon and it was a ripoff. over in 30 min.

I’ve guided/run most the rivers in the south, I prefer the Nolichucky.

But yea east coast it’s:

1. Gauley

2. The New

3. Nolichucky/Chatooga/Ocoee
4. Pigeon

Back