• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We're Back, Jack!

'Murica

Reaction score
tumblr_mklrluXHZx1rln3m1o1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. Best show on television. Has steadily gone downhill since the first season but is still pretty entertaining.

Corie and the ladies are ruining the show. They are actually trying to act and look beautiful. The show is about not being able to act and looking not so beautiful

Love it. Best show on television. Has steadily gone downhill since the first season but is still pretty entertaining.

I read that they're getting $200k per episode, but splitting it amongst 9 adults and 11 children. Not bad $$ IMO. I enjoyed the new increased role that Jep is playing this year, but wasn't too keen on the wedding.

I think the real cash is obviously from the merchandize they sell, but what I can not understand is how they still advertise that each duck call is hand made/assembled by the crew you see on T.V., no way are they keeping up with the demand of duck calls since this show started. Kids all over yuppie towns are running around blowing these things.

I read that they're getting $200k per episode, but splitting it amongst 9 adults and 11 children. Not bad $$ IMO. I enjoyed the new increased role that Jep is playing this year, but wasn't too keen on the wedding.

And they're on pace to sell $45million worth of duck calls this year. On top of that there is all the Duck Dynasty merchandise sales that they get a cut of.

I would watch a show that just follows Si around all day.

I think the real cash is obviously from the merchandize they sell, but what I can not understand is how they still advertise that each duck call is hand made/assembled by the crew you see on T.V., no way are they keeping up with the demand of duck calls since this show started. Kids all over yuppie towns are running around blowing these things.

They don't anymore.

"Now it has the ring of an even more financially secure future. Thanks to the show, business at Duck Commander “went ballistic,” Phil reports. So much so that “now we’re contracting out. Other people are building our duck calls for us so we can meet the demand.” (They sold 60,000 in 2011; this year they expect to sell more than 750,000.)"
http://www.parade.com/56533/shawnam...tson-family-became-reality-tvs-biggest-stars/

You probably read that their new contract pays them $200k/episode more than their previous contract (divided among the 20 main characters). I don't believe we know their $/episode amount.

I agree about Jep, especially if that means we see more Jessica. The humor that Jep brings is usually very subtle. Sometimes I only pick up on his double-entendres and hipster/yuppie references on the reruns.

I'm anxious to see what big brother Alan brings to the show this season. He jumped right into the fray on the last episode.

I read recently that Phil has said that he is about done with the show. I don't think the show would survive long without him.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, indeed!

It's nice that they are actually referring to his wife now as Jep's wife instead of Willie's sister in law like they did the first few seasons.

Back