• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Lott is a kmoney cast-off. He led for him at the reveal and didn't put any more points on him. He pursued better players, I assume. Lott is EFFEFG.

storm u know ur PR is frozen after yhe first game of the NTT right. Win or lose u wont dip below 9.

Actually, this isn't correct. Your PR can't get worse. It most certainly can get better.

Right. My PR at the 'Freeze' was around 16 if I recall correctly. During the NTT we got down to 6 but have since dropped back to 9. So while we can't get worse than 16, we can get worse than 9. That's the point I was trying to say in my previous post. I assume the improvement is based on your PR after the 6th NTT game, not the best PR attained during? Is that correct?

Actually, this isn't correct. Your PR can't get worse. It most certainly can get better.

Yea ur right, I didnt mean to type it couldnt go up haha. Its my meds making me crazy. And storm I believe that means ull be a PR of 6 this year unless a win tomorrow moves u to 5 or higher. someone correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
Yea ur right, I didnt mean to type it couldnt go up haha. Its my meds making me crazy. And storm I believe that means ull be a PR of 6 this year unless a win tomorrow moves u to 5 or higher. someone correct me if im wrong

That's right. It's like a high-water mark. You can always push it better, even if you regress a little.

So, if after the freeze your PRs are:

Your "final" PR will be 10. Conversely, if it's something like this:

Your "final" PR will be 4. In essence, it'll never be worse than the highest number after the "freeze" point.

That's right. It's like a high-water mark. You can always push it better, even if you regress a little.

So, if after the freeze your PRs are:

Your "final" PR will be 10. Conversely, if it's something like this:

Your "final" PR will be 4. In essence, it'll never be worse than the highest number after the "freeze" point.

Awesome! I didn't know that. Means we'll be a 6. Wooo!

Farewell Seniors! You will be missed.

Recap
As odd as it might sound, I'm a little sad to see this virtual class go. This group ranked 5/16 took Boca to the next level. Prior to their arrival, Boca had 1 20+ winning season and Coach stormfury was on the verge with his first 19 win season. The class of 68 elevated the squad to 3 straight 21 win seasons and have a chance tonight to break the record with a 22nd victory. This group also managed to go to 4 straight NTT tournaments getting to the 2nd round three times and the elite 8 once. The first time Boca has ever gotten past the 2nd round. While Hutching's was the star, Degennaro and Lillard gave much needed depth and height to the squad.

So long Seniors!

The Players
Abraham Lillard 7'1 FFEFGF (+3) - Lillard never quite amounted to anything on the basketball court, but at the time he was an exciting recruit. With Lillard, coach Stormfury brought to Boca the first ever seven footer in school history. Stephen Norris who graduated last season grew to become the 2nd seven footer in Boca History and Fred Alves a FR this season the 3rd. So Lillard broke the height barrier that had been holding Boca's bigs back. On the court, Lillard only managed to log minutes as a backup but he did manage 2.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game with only 0.2 turnovers in 11.3 minutes per game.

Herbert Degennaro 6'8 GFGFPE (+4/-1) - Like Abraham, Degennaro simply never was good enough to start and spent most of his career on the bench. He had a career average 4.8 ppg, 2.2 rb and only 0.3 turnovers in 11.4 minutes per game. He had a career high 17/10 this season against Tacoma.

Bert Hutchings 6'5 EGGEGE (+9) - The crown jewel of the 5/16th ranked class, Bert never quite dominated the games statistically like his attributes might suggest, but one thing can't be argued. Hutching's is a winner. I'll miss him as much as any player in my 10 season career and may be a once in a lifetime player to coach. Over the course of 4 seasons Hutching's amassed over 1370 points which put him in 8th all time in school career scoring history. He also goes into tonight's game 1 free throw shy of tying Norman Rodriguez's career mark of 230 made free throws. If he can manage to get 2 tonight, he'll hold 1st place. Like Rodriguez, he's done it in 273 attempts which is 7th in career history. Surprisingly he fell just shy of 10th place all time in career steals with 81.

His career numbers:
14.6 ppg, 5.2 rb, 1.4 a, 0.9 stl, 0.7 to, 27.7 minutes.

Hutching's numbers got slightly worse over his career but this is most likely due to the elevation of talent around him. As a senior the starting lineup for Boca was +31. By comparison, his Freshman season Boca's entire roster was +40. The season before Hutching's +33.

Outlook
While tonight marks a bit of a sad day, Boca's future looks bright with the 4/4 SO class, 2/9 FR class and a chance at a truly special reveal tomorrow morning. Hutching's paved the way for exceptional players to be excited about playing in conference 13 and specifically for Boca Raton who's now won 5 straight conference titles and tourneys.

Senior Night in Evansville!

Fuck them. They suck. Tomorrow might be the best day in the history of the program, though.

Congrat's Awaken!!!

Congratulations again Awaken! Another year, another Title. :)

At least Boca can take solace in 2 things. 1st we were the only team to hold frankfort under 80 points and we did it twice. But more importantly, 22 WINS!!!!! We just broke the school record for wins in a season!

Bert Hutchings notched 12 points, 4 of which were free throws giving him the most in a player's career at Boca. Erin Atkins had 28 and Mo Poisson 25 in the win.

Super Excited about the reveal tomorrow.

Our end of season PR was 3 this season for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

Signing Day. I'm going to jump in the OGB chat tomorrow around 11:15 AM if anyone else wants to join and discuss signing day. Good luck everyone.

awakens a boss. that is all.

but really thats an awesome feat man, is that like 5 NTT titles now? simply amazing

Farewell Frankfort Seniors. This is a 2/1 class that won two NTT's (S65 and S68). Here are their career stats:

Player..........YR..GM..Ht..MPG..PPG..RPG...APG..FGM..FGA..3PM..3PA..FTM..FTA..STL..TO...BLK
Rodrigo Lott....Sr..95..6-9..25..16.1..5.6..0.7..625..1051..38..106..243..293..0.4..1.0...75
Bernard Tuttle..Sr..95..7-2..26..15.7..5.3..1.9..610..1023..63..131..210..255..0.8..0.3..110
Gene Watson.....Sr..94..6-9..16...3.0..3.1..1.7...99...239...2...14...83..123..0.7..0.5...70

Bernard Tuttle (4/4) 7'2 EFEFEG (+7) - I tried to put him at C, but he performed best at SF. His Fair ratings weren't glaring weaknesses. Strong Sr year where he averaged 18.7 ppg on 61% from the floor. Tuttle finished #9 in career scoring for Frankfort, #8 in FGM, and #7 in blocks. SimBA drafted #3 overall.

Rodrigo Lott (netter) 6'9 EFFEFG (+5) - four year starter at PF. Like Tuttle, a strong Sr year averaging 19.5 & 6.4 (also on 61% FG). Lott's athleticism went up from Fair to Good at some point - I just looked back at S64 and was surprised to find him Fair Ath when signed. Rodrigo finished #7 in career scoring in Frankfort (1 pt behind Timothy Joyce), #7 in FGM, and #5 in FTM. SimBA drafted #5 overall.

Gene Watson (netter) 6'9 FEEGFF (+5) - good glue guy to come off the bench. Undrafted in SimBA, Gene is off to Europe.

Last edited:
We limped to the finish line to end up at 13-11. I actually had more talent on this team than my 16-8 team last year, but my senior class was pretty terrible.

We bid adieu to the following:

Seth Jimenez 6'11" C- FFGEFF. Other than his rebounding, he's a bucketfull of meh.

Stephen Bray 6'6" bSF- FFFFGG. If my N/As weren't walk ons, he would have been parked next to the water cooler fetching drinks.

Sammy Hall 6'4" N/A- FFFFFF. He didn't get a lot of time, obviously.

So, it ain't gonna take much to surpass this suckitude. To wit:

Nathaniel Haywood (6/6)- 6'11" +6 Stud, though I can see his minuses having him start off slowly.

Gregory Gobin (1/1)- 6'9" Would start right away for us. Someone dropped off of him this week, so it might just be awaken and me on him. We all know how this turns out...:(

Raymond Kincaid (0/2)- An undersized combo guard that averages 21ppg, 1.7spg and has a 2.6/0.9 assist to turnover ratio. He would probably start in the backcourt next to our All-American Boyd Cason to push Patrick Duhon to the bench where I think he'd prefer to be.

Scott Noell (0/0)- 6'9" probably +3/4 PF type who profiles as an athletic defender that can score when needed.

Randy Henry (0/0)- 6'5" Capable PG type that can dish and defend. Not a liability as a scorer.

So, we better damn well not end up with a walk on or I'll be firebombing the SimCAA offices.

Flagstaff ended its season with a nice 71-62 win over a good Springfield team. Started next years big men tandem of Rene Naquin and Paul Livingston to good success. They combined for 29/14/3blocks. Need that to continue next season.

We say goodbye to a solid group of seniors rated 21/7. They were solid and kept the torch of success blazing in Flagstaff.

Eric Sullivan 6'6 EGGGFG (+6) Sullivan was a super sub until his senior year where he started all year at PG. Sullivan bumped up to a G rating in defense the last game of the NTT his junior year which gave me the confidence to start him. He still got burned against above average scorers but took us to the Elite Eight as a senior, something that hasn't happened in a while.

Dennis Cruickshank 6'10 FGEGGF (+5) Dennis was a great role player for us and his height/defense/hands combo allowed us to play a huge lineup that really gave teams fits. His passing was lights out and he rebounded great. Unfortunately he to gave up big games scoring against elite scorers. He will certainly be missed.

Albert Stone 7'1 GFFEFF (+3) Although he was the lowest rated guy in this class he was the most important and started all 4 years I believe. He could score on almost any big man and his defense was much better than a F/F def/ath combo would lead you to think. Stone leaves Flagstaff (who has had outstanding bigs under coach Pilot) 8th in blocks and 6th in rebounds in our schools history. Unfortunately I may not miss Stone as much as I would have thought due to Livingston being a better version of Stone.

Thanks to all the things these guys have done for our program, kind of got my head back into this game.

Duluth put up a heck of a fight against #7 Ithaca but lost by 2 to finish 15-9 and 3-3 in the NTT. I called it at the beginning of the season. This was an NTT bubble team that played like it.

Ernest Morin was #23 in the SimBA draft.

Huge signing day. A bad class could set me back several seasons. If I get 2 of my top 3, I could have another Top 10 team.

Going to be some good recruits in Gulf Shores next season.

Recruits Named
Justin Case
Buck Schott
Scott Free

I've got you beat.

Recruits Named
Bob Loblaw
Wayne Jarvis
Barry Zuckercorn

:plos: you are awesome. Best show, I would love to have one of these as my maxes. I'll give a goodbye to my players, as well as a tale of my new players tomorrow when I'm at my computer. And congrats to you Awaken!

awakens a boss. that is all.

but really thats an awesome feat man, is that like 5 NTT titles now? simply amazing

Thanks everybody. You really don't start a season with a Frosh PG and C from your net with designs on winning the NTT, but Bateman was awesome as a pass first PG and Patrick was solid at C. Patrick allowed Tuttle to play his natural SF position (lesson: don't get too tied to a player's height), and he and Lott has super special Sr years. Going undefeated against the hardest SOS, and beating the defending champ Philly in the Final makes it extra special.

This is my 6th title (S55 + 5 in the 60's). I learned on the simboards that I now have the most championships, breaking a tie with Pierre.

Back