• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Interesting 16/13 class to say the least. This class includes the #1 player in the Top 75. I broke a 9/9 tie to get him. I also overcame a 6 RPE deficit to pick up 6-8 Christopher Salazar off my net. 6-3 Mark Treadwell was a late CL.

7-1 Scotty Ruffin GGPGFF - His ratings are far below what you'd expect for a player who averaged 21.3 pts, 9.4 reb and scouted E- G+ F- E+ G- even though it was a Fair- Scout. It's just baffling that a player with such good stats would drop in 3 categories. Still he backed up those numbers in scrimmages and still start at C from day one. He should be the best offensive big man I've had in a long time. He shot 55/36/90, excellent big man numbers.

6-8 Christopher Salazar FGGGFG - Decent player in scrimmages. Better than the alternatives. 13/8 guy who should keep me decent at PF. Thought he'd be more of a SF so I'll try him at both.

6-3 Mark Treadwell FGGGFG - Not sure where he fits. Not ideal guard ratings. He'll compete at bPG.

Projected starting lineup:
PG So Monroe Brim - 4.9 assists last season. Assists dropped dramatically compared to his first six starts.

SG Jr Fritz Curran - 5.7 pts per game at bSG last season playing 11 min/game.

SF So Arthur Vanmeter - 13.6 pts per game at SF in 5 games in the NTT (40%). Solid defense though.

PF Jr Williams Corley - 9/6 primarily at C.

C Fr Scotty Ruffin - Will be expected to score early and often.

First all, farewell to my players from last year:

Gabe Gary: had an extremely successful career for Odessa. Always was a major factor on the team regardless of who surrounded him and what position he had to play. I'm going to miss him

Haywood Parks: always a huge shooter off the bench. Couldn't do much else, but he provided a spark off the bench that I was always looking for.

And some guy that never played a minute, honestly don't remember his name haha

Now, for the recruiting class:
After having a couple of lackluster recruiting classes, Odessa finally got a very solid class that will help a lot. Got 1/3 of my maxes. Class came in 52/24

Kyle Kilpatrick 6-1 (EGEFPF)- My max I snagged, look forward to him to contribute early with the big time shot. Hope that his intelligence doesn't hurt him, will have to wait and see whether he needs to play SG and switch him with Foreman.

Ryan Sosa 6-7 (GFGGGF) Sosa will play a big role off the bench, has solid stuff across the board. Will start off backup PF, but could move into starting lineup if Frierson doesn't step up.

Lawrence Townsel 6-6 (GEFGFF) Townsel will start off at SF, and hope that he can contribute and be a 3rd option for me potentially. Not trying to put too much pressure here, but as long as he does good D on his man and plays smart he will get his opportunities.

If Frierson doesn't step up, I might be starting all 3 freshmen along with sophomore Foreman and senior Ruis.

Going all bigs next recruiting cycle, and I am going to have to get super lucky to land a player anything like Ruis

and also, my team is no doubt the most unathletic team period. I think I am doomed to never have a player with at least a good athleticism

If anyone is lurking and is interested in playing, NOW is the best time to join League 7. Hopefully with Christmas break, we can get some college kids interested.

So I went through and checked out the recruits for S69. It doesn't look great. Definitely don't have a natural fit for my prefs like Monte Bueno this time around. We'll see what happens.

I did update my projection ratings a lot. Hoping this gives me some better results.

Recruits are up
I lost all ties.......again

which should mean good news for DiV
After many head-to-head recruiting failures against awaken, I believe Gobin represents our first victory. If I can replace my 110/183 ranked senior class with one worth a damn, we might get to be good again...

Last edited:
Alright, I have 40 recruits I am inviting to the 2nd Annual Evansville ScrimmageFest.

STAY TUNED?

A bit more details on Boca's class of 72.

Jake Evans 5'9 +7 - Jake is the projected star of the class and he'll see time at SG/bSG with Erin Atkins. He's got a sweet stroke and hard nosed defense. His only weakness is height. Hopefully he can put on a couple of inches.

Blake Goodwin 6'5 +6 - Goodwin was the 4th max on my list but due to Pate choosing a more winning program than Boca. (/sarcasm) In Goodwin, Boca landed a solid SF to replace senior Hutchings. Not quite as good as Bert, Blake has the skills and will add another excellent rebounder to the squad. Blake will get a shot at the starting SF position.

Brent Floyd 6'1 +5 - Floyd came in slightly lower and different attribute wise than I expected. With his ability to rebound and control the ball I project him at bSF behind Goodwin.

All in all the freshmen class is +4 better than the outgoing class and is the highest +/- class (+18) I've ever recruited yet my 4th best based on magazine rankings.

Projected Lineup:
Mo Poisson/Albert Mask
Erin Atkins/Jake Evans (not sure which starts)
Blake Goodwin/Brent Floyd
Michael Gonzalez/Leon Cochran
Brice Truong/Fred Alves

+28 for starters
+23 for backups

Overall my roster is +56 (Shot 11, Def 10, Hands 10, Reb 10, Int 7, Ath 8)

I'm still trying to figure out how my class is so highly rated in both at +9 with no Exc ratings.

So I was working on a schedule for scrimmages (of which I'm planning to run about 195 this year, in 10 game increments), and I mixed some shit up. That fucking schedule took me like 45 minutes to plan out, and I get to the end and realize that I have some leftover players because I can't count.

Ughhhh.

In all seriousness, sure, I'll elaborate on my class in the morning. I've written so much about all 3 of them in this thread, and there weren't many surprises. Bueno actually came in better than I expected (+7 vs +6), and Baker, a bit worse (was overestimating his Int).

Lost in the well-justified celebratory cacophony of yet another League 7 basketball title for the Deacon Blues, the Frankfort Drag Racing team also won their fifth straight national championship.

Senior Jodie Bothwell rose to the otherwise unoccupied podium to claim hi..her...um, the team's trophy wearing a spectacular red-sequined cocktail (mmhmm) dress, black Reebok pumps, strategic tape application, and what appeared to be Vaselined legs.

Though there aren't any other SimCAA schools that officially recognize Drag Racing as a sport, no one has been quite comfortable enough to raise an official protest until this year. Carbondale University thought this might amount to a Title IX violation and brought the issue before the SimCAA. The ACLU was going to file an amicus brief, but couldn't figure which side of the Title IX coin would be more aggrieved, so they withdrew from any involvement. The fake collegiate governing body declined review since they "didn't want to open that can of worms...or, whatever."

So, congratulations to Frankfort for another in what should be a string of dozens of Drag Racing championships!

I'm still trying to figure out how my class is so highly rated in both at +9 with no Exc ratings.

I'm doing the opposite with my class. Interesting for us to be so far apart and both of us to come in at +9. Ruffin is obviously a monster stud and has +'s on several of his attributes so I can see your's being high. Just not sure how come one mag has me at 127, I expected to be much closer to ~60 with Malone coming in.

Lost in the well-justified celebratory cacophony of yet another League 7 basketball title for the Deacon Blues, the Frankfort Drag Racing team also won their fifth straight national championship.

Senior Jodie Bothwell rose to the otherwise unoccupied podium to claim hi..her...um, the team's trophy wearing a spectacular red-sequined cocktail (mmhmm) dress, black Reebok pumps, strategic tape application, and what appeared to be Vaselined legs.

Though there aren't any other SimCAA schools that officially recognize Drag Racing as a sport, no one has been quite comfortable enough to raise an official protest until this year. Carbondale University thought this might amount to a Title IX violation and brought the issue before the SimCAA. The ACLU was going to file an amicus brief, but couldn't figure which side of the Title IX coin would be more aggrieved, so they withdrew from any involvement. The fake collegiate governing body declined review since they "didn't want to open that can of worms...or, whatever."

So, congratulations to Frankfort for another in what should be a string of dozens of Drag Racing championships!

Well done.

With success, comes access to other famous people, athletes, etc. After each championship, I ask the team who they would like to invite on campus to attend a practice. One year they asked for Prince and the Revolution - they wanted to hear about the "fruity picks" Charlie Murphy mentioned on The Chapelle Show. They had trouble stepping over those picks - they'd get about half way through, then stop, as if they were snagged on something. :confused: Practice was over after two hours (I went home), but they stayed and "played" with the Revolution another 3 hrs.

This year they asked for Buddy Cole, formerly of Kids In the Hall. They have his monologues memorized and he has attained success in girls softball. Anyway, those uniforms you describe were designed by Buddy - like how Alexander Julian designed the UNC and original Hornets unis.

Here is Buddy on the field and his original design applied to softball:

Eager to see how the freshmen play tonight against Duluth. Using an experimental lineup that we hope might potentially be the opening day lineup.

Just saw this on the DTL Forums.

Henry Pate (+9) - 6'7" EGEEFE

Man I hate missing out on him. He's going to be a stud.

Eager to see how the freshmen play tonight against Duluth. Using an experimental lineup that we hope might potentially be the opening day lineup.

Just saw this on the DTL Forums.

Henry Pate (+9) - 6'7" EGEEFE

Man I hate missing out on him. He's going to be a stud.

Yea man I saw that too. :eek: kid looks like a monster, did you have him 2/2?

Yea man I saw that too. :eek: kid looks like a monster, did you have him 2/2?

It was a 10/10 at the reveal but ended up 8/8 by the final week. I was the ONLY top 20 3 year PR team on him with Kalamazoo sitting at 65 3 year PR. My effective PR was 4.35.

It was a 10/10 at the reveal but ended up 8/8 by the final week. I was the ONLY top 20 3 year PR team on him with Kalamazoo sitting at 65 3 year PR. My effective PR was 4.35.

oh okay. Cant ever count on a tie that big but he sure would have been great to have.

Back